#10: The 4 pillars, part 1

The moon hangs on the raven sky, like an eye that gently watching the Stoic earth and its quirky denizens below.

The night breeze passes through all thing, silky-smooth, like extraordinary silk.

The calm lake is so quiet, yet the ripple above it surface is so enchanting, like the beats of the heart.

The tango of the moon, the raven night, and the gentle breeze can beckon the famous spirit sandman, wishing for him to take us to the utopia called sweet-dream.

Sadly, the sandman won't come, he only comes when you sleep, tucking in to the warm blanket, especially so when the wondrous melody called silence filled the whole bedroom.

But he won't come here, he won't come for them.

Loud clashing noises reverberates through the breezing air, the shadows dance frantically under the pale moonlight.

Performing an ancient art to dictates everything whenever it was for entertainment or duty, right or wrong, justice or evil, light or darkness.

Four shadows are acting, each facing the other. There's no friend nor ally to aid, except their imaginary came to live monsters.

The black curtain hasn't been lowered yet, the audience hasn't laughs and claps their hands, yet the performers are struggling to narrate the end of the story.

Because among the four, only one can dictate the ending.

...

Duel Academy, Crowler's classroom.

A girl with long dark blonde hair is answering the question of the teacher.

The way she speaks, the beautiful posture when she answers, the confidence tone when answering the teacher question were flawless.

The teacher and the students, were mesmerized by her charm.

"Bellissimo, a superb answer! It's a too simple task for Obelisk Blue like Signora Alexis, wasn't it?"

If someone asked what comes to mind when thinking about her, the answer would probably fall on Honor Student, Madonna, Princess, etc.

Contrary to her, the light blue haired kid with round glasses is somewhat lacking.

"E- eh? F-field sp, spell is... ah, uhm..."

When he was asked by the teacher, sweats begin to form, he stammered when he wants to speak, the easy question seems like a deadly sentence in his mind.

"Pffft! Even a kindergartner would know it!" Mock Obelisk Blue student wearing a glasses.

Gazes from the students glued to him like nails. Like a depressed puppy, Syrus lowered his head, their laughs entering his mind, forming countless cruel face that keep mocking him.

Even Crowler, who was supposed to be the teacher and also adult, seems to enjoying mocking him.

"That Syrus, if he just a little confident and braver..." say Yuji, as he's resting his cheek on his hand, his green eyes gaze at the awkward Syrus.

In the end, the only one that help him is his best friend, which he considered an elder brother (spiritually).

"But teach, knowledge and actual combat, are two different matter, aren't they?"

Hearing Jaden's word Crowler can't help but being a bit confused.

"I mean, teacher were defeated by me, a Slifer Red, isn't that right Yuji?" say Judai, thumbs up toward Yuji.

"Yeah" reply Yuji, as he nodded.

Then his spiritual elder brother help him escape the cold gazes of everyone by indirectly mocking the teacher, as he reminds him of his defeat to both him and Yuji.