FIFTY NINE

The following day, Jack is awoken by a commotion downstairs. He puts on his boxers and a robe before going downstairs.

When he got there, he found Dave and Victoria and a man holding a bunch of flowers.

"What's going on?" He asks and Dave smiles once he turned to him.

"Hey babe, Auntie brought a florist to help us out"

"Oh....it sounded like you were arguing"

Dave patted him on the cheek.

"I'm sorry we woke you. Go brush your teeth, breakfast is ready"

Once Jack left, Dave turns to his aunt to find her smirking.

"What?"

"Nothing, this role of being a husband suits you well"

"Well thanks. So tell me, what am I hearing about you and Lauryn the ice cream shop owner?"

Victoria snarled.

"Shut up"

Dave chuckles.

"I'd give you a bouquet of condoms but you probably have that covered" he teases and Victoria gasped.

"Dave Montgomery!"

Dave laughs as he turns to the flowers.

"I tease, I tease"

•°• ✾ •°•

Austin looked around the cafe, he glances at his watch and sighs. He had been waiting here for almost two hours and yet John was nowhere to be found.

"Where the hell is he?" He asks, now feeling annoyed by this whole thing.

"Sorry I'm late, I didn't know which car to choose" John says as he sat down.

Austin blankly looked at him.

"Really?"
John frowned.

"Yeah"

"You made me sit here like an idiot for TWO HOURS just because you didn't know which car to choose?" He seethed and John sighed.

"I apologised, didn't I? What has you worked up anyway?"

"I'm fucking late for work! Not all of us were born with a pure silver Tiffany spoon in their mouths, and to see you ignorantly say what you just said to me makes me realize why this relationship isn't working!"

"Okay, I need you to lower your tone and voice"

Austin scoffed.

"Oh am I embarrassing you now?"

John sighed.

"Austin, what's going on? Talk to me"

"What are we doing John? We are from different worlds, you and I will never work out"

"What makes you say that? We made a promise to fix this relationship"

Austin sighed, using the napkin that was on the table to wipe his forehead. He had given this whole relationship with John some thought, the fact that they could never understand what the other person is going through will just be an extra toll on the relationship.

"Listen John, it's been fun and all but it's time. I'm breaking up with you"

"Is it me?" John asks, his relationships don't work out, the people he wants to be with don't want to be with him so it was him. It was the fact that he was John Norton.

"I'm sorry John, I really am"

John watched Austin walk away. He wanted to go after him but he knew better, the last thing he wants to do is make Austin feel smothered.

He sighs in defeat.

"Well damn"

•°• ✾ •°•

"Do you have peonies?"

"Yes sir, I have about a thousand in the garden"

Dave nods.

"Keep them ready for me, I have to see the venue first then I'll give you a call"

"No worries. And the bouquet? Will I be also doing that?"

"Yes, I want peonies, throw some bits of lavender stems in there, I want it to be dramatic"

The florist nods as he took notes.

"I'll sketch a few ideas and send them to you"

"That will be lovely"

His phone rings and he excuses himself out of the room.

"Hey John"

"Hey, can we meet up?"

"Send me the location and I'll be there in 30"

"Alright, see you then"

The call ends and Dave frowns at his phone. John sounded sad. What could've happened?

He turns his focus back to the florist and smiles.

"Where were we?"

"We're left with the reception. Will it be outdoors or inside?"

"Out doors. Is it possible to make it rain petals?"

"Yes sir"

Dave smiles.

"Good, I have an idea"

•°• ✾ •°•

Jack looked at Austin. The man had been silent since he arrived to work.

"Are you alright?" He asks and Austin shook his head wordlessly.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Austin nods, yet again with no word. Jack used his chair and rolled himself towards Austin's desk.

"Talk to me"

Austin sighed.

"I may have overreacted"

"How so?"

"I was meeting with John this morning and he was late, TWO HOURS late so when he arrived, I broke up with him"

Jack frowned. There has to be something more to the story.

"I doubt you'd break up with John over his tardiness. Now tell me, what did you say in the mix of you breaking up with him?"

"Well the thing is....our relationship started off hot, we did everything and then at some point, the spark just sizzled up and we did talk about it but....I just couldn't keep him in a relationship where he wasn't going to feel the love he needs and wants"

"So you're saying....you don't...love him?" Jack asks, wanting to be sure Austin was clear with his words.

"I honestly don't. I did at some point but now, I don't."

"Well it's normal. Relationships end at some point" Jack says but Austin shook his head.

"Some people were made to be in relationships. Look at you and Dave,  you guys are like the standard"

Jack shook his head.

"We're not perfect. If you start comparing your relationship to others, things might not work out. So you fell out of love with John, it's okay. But you two are still coming to the wedding right?"

"Of course! So what do you say, am I the best man?"

"Nope, Dave and I have no groomsmen. It'll be just the two of us at the altar"

Austin sighed.

"Okay fine, but I want front row seat"

Jack chuckled.

"You got it"