FORTY NINE

It was tense. Dave sitting next to Jack and Anong next to her husband. The man was looking at them as if they were criminals.

Anong clears her throat and offers Dave some fish. She smiles at him,

"Offer some to your husband to be" she said.

Dave quickly removes the bones and gently places the meat on Jack's plate. Jack looked at him, feeling unsure. Dave gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay, eat up"

Jack takes a bite and he smiles at his mother.

"It's delicious"

Suddenly a pair of chopsticks stabbed the fish on the table, they all look at Jack's father and the man looked like he was about to explode.

"How dare you" the man seethed. Dave looked him while Jack ducked his head.

"Honey, calm down" says Anong, hand on his but her husband slapped it away.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?! Why is this thing back in my house! Why did you come back huh? WHY?!"

Dave's hand tightly clenched into a tight fist under the table, meanwhile Jack was just sitting there, letting his father say these things about him.

"Witthaya, our son ran away and now he's back, shouldn't you be happy?"

"Why should I huh? He is an abomination! And he even had the gull, THE AUDACITY to bring this man as a husband?! Do you not find anything wrong with that?!"

Jack storms out, leaving his fiancé and his parents behind. Dave looks at him for a moment before turning back to Witthaya and Anong.

"Jack told me what happened. The abuse, the beatings. You're a sorry excuse for a father and to see how you are acting right now makes me realize that you will never change. You failed to evolve and you'll remain a bitter, heartless piece of shit for the rest of your life" Dave says, calm as ever yet his words stabbed Witthaya's ego.

"You abused an innocent child who was born the way he is. You chose to be a monster instead of understanding him and you" he says pointing to Anong

"You should've known why your son would rather run away from home than being with you, sure you were traumatised by his disappearance but you should've suspected the man you lay with in bed. You both failed as parents and from now on, if you two ever hurt him again, I'll take everything from you, including the underwear you're wearing right now."

Dave stands up and sighs.

"You still have a chance to change, be in both our lives, but if you do not want to, it's okay. We'll manage without you"

They watch Dave walk away and Anong sighed.

"Is it true....did you abuse our son?"

Witthaya scoffed.

"I have no idea what that fool is babbling about"

She nods and stands up. All these years, she was told Jack ran away because of some unknown reason. But now she knows, her husband is the one who drove their son away. If only she knew, if only she were home more, she could've stopped this. Her son must've been so scared to be left alone and scared to be with that man. She wipes her tears and sighs.

"Witthaya, I want a divorce"

•°• ✾ •°•

"Jack!" Dave called out, walking around the street. Did the man run away again?

He takes out his phone and calls him, the call immediately going to voicemail. He sighs.

"Jack?! Come back"

He finds himself going through a small market. He sighs in relief when he finds Jack talking with an older woman, it seems like he was buying something from her.

He walks up to him and hesitantly holds his hand.

"Hey"

Jack looked at him and Dave noticed the man's red eyes. He sighs.

"What are you buying?" He asks.

"This" says Jack as he holds a bracelet.

"This is a coconut shell bracelet, for you"

Dave smiles as Jack ties the bracelet around his wrist.

"It's pretty, thanks babe"

Jack nods and sighs.

"I'm sorry for leaving, it was just too much to handle"

"It's okay. You did what was best for you"

They walk down the street hand in hand, heading back to Jack's parent's house. When they got there, it was silent. Dave looks at Jack for a second.

"Do you want to go say goodbye to your mother?" He asks and Jack shook his head.

"I'll call her when we get to the hotel"

"Alright, let's go"

•°• ✾ •°•

"You sound sad honey"

"It's been a long day Mom, I'm planning a wedding and things happened today that left me disturbed"

"Do you want to talk about it? We cannot have an unstable groom walk down the aisle, what if you cause a scene? What will people think-"

Dave hangs up before his mother could continue. He sighs and massages his temples. Jack pats him on the head.

"It's okay babe, have some wine and let loose"

Dave grabs the wine glass and takes a sip.

"What are we doing tonight? We've been in the room all day"

"There's a restaurant downstairs, we can check it out or go find a restaurant we can have dinner there"

"Let's go find a restaurant. I want to see Thailand at night"

Jack chuckles and nods.

"Alright. You should probably get ready"

"Are you not joining me?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes"

Once Dave entered the bathroom, Jack sighed and rubbed his face.

"Abomination? Yeah right. I'm living my best life and he's mad he never did anything for himself"

His phone rings and he picks up once he saw it was his mother.

"Mom"

"Niran dear....your father and I are getting a divorce"

He sighs.

"Are you sure about it"

"Yes. It was overdue. Especially after what happened"

"Alright. I'll talk with some laywers and help you out"

"Thank you son, we'll talk soon. I'm heading to my sister's house"

"Alright mom, take care"

Once the call ends, Jack sat there for a minute, taking in what his mother just told him.

"Babe, the water is getting cold!"

He smiles once he heard Dave's voice. Jack now realizes that his parents have their lives to live and he has his own to live.

He gets up and takes off his t-shirt.

"I'm coming baby"

John Jack Daveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें