ELEVEN

It was awkward. Jack and Dave sat next to each other while John was across the table looking at him.

John finds it hard to believe that these two were engaged and when did this even happen?

"So tell me....when did you guys meet?" He asks. Dave clears his throat preparing to speak up but Jack beat him to it.

"At a Tommy Hilfiger store"

John raises a brow and looks and Dave, he remembers laughing at Dave because he was called cheap.

"So days ago then"

They both nod and he sighs.

"I guess you two really have a special connection to be engaged just DAYS after knowing each other. I'll wait for my car to arrive then I'll leave"

Dave sighed. He really felt terrible for treating John this way.

"Do you want to stay for dinner? We were about to cook anyway"

"We were?" Jack asks in shock. Dave shoots him a pointed look and the man nods quickly.

"Of course! Stay for dinner and Dave will serve wine while you wait"

John watches as the two of them head to the kitchen. He sighs and looks around the room, he sees Jack's photo on a bookshelf and that made his heart ache a bit.

"He even has his picture here" he murmurs.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Jack pulls Dave into the pantry.

"Dinner? Are you insane! What if he realizes we are faking" he whispered yelled at him.

Dave sighed.

"He looks so sad. He's my friend first so I want him to be at ease with the whole thing"

Jack frowns.

"What exactly happened?" He asks in curiosity. The last time he saw John, the man was surrounded by twinks in a bar.

"He told me he liked me" Dave whispered. Jack nodded. For some reason, this didn't sit well with him.

"And what did you say?"

"I said I was engaged"

"Good"

Dave looks at Jack. Why was the man looking pleased with his response.

"We should start making dinner then, let's make something easy and quick" Jack speaks up.

"I'll get the wine"

•°• ✾ •°•

"I see you got cats"

Dave follows John's gaze and he sees the two felines fast asleep on the couch.

"Yeah. We saw a rat when we moved in here so we figured a cat or two will scare them off"

John nods and places the fork and knife down on his empty plate.

"Thanks for dinner, the steak was delicious"

"Thanks" Jack chimed in, forcing a smile which made it look like he was threatening John in some way.

"I should get going. My car is at the gate"

They stand up once John stood up.

"I'll walk you out" Jack says.

Dave sighs in relief when the two men leave the house.

Outside, John and Jack watch as a white Bentley slowly pulls up.

"Don't hurt him. If you do....I'll steal him from you"

Jack scoffed.

"Stop being dramatic, I liked him so I put a ring on him. Time for you to find someone else"

John chuckled and sighed as he walked towards the car, before he gets in he turns to Jack.

"Regardless of that, I still wish you both well"

Jack nods at him and the car drives off. He sighs and opens the door to find Dave feeding pieces of steak to the cats.

"What are you doing? They'll get fat"

"Oh relax, it's just a treat" Dave says and coos when he hears the cats purring while they ate their treats.

"You spoil them"

He looks up at Jack and smirks.

"You speak as if they're Children"

Jack tensed up for a moment. Having kids with Dave.....it'd be interesting.

"Whatever, I'm going to bed"

"What? We just ate though"

"I'm tired. I moved all my things by myself because my fiancé was busy getting proposed to by another man"

The response took Dave by surprise. Why did Jack say that!

"Wait....is he jealous?" He whispers as he watches Jack go up the stairs. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"What an interesting twist"

•°• ✾ •°•

"Please Dad....forgive me. I'll be normal again, I promise!" He cried, holding on to his father's leg.

The man scoffed and pushed him off.

"You are a walking abomination! What will people say about you? About me and your mother? Why did you bring us such embarrassment! Leave!"

"Dad please!"

"I said leave!"

Dave is awoken by whimpers down the hall. He frowns and opens the door to his room and listens carefully. The whimpers were coming from Jack's room.

He hesitates for a moment but he knocks two times. When he gets no response, he opens the door and he sees Jack sweating on the bed, the man's eyebrows were furrowed and he was shaking his head.

"A nightmare" he whispers before he slowly walks towards the bed.

"Jack" he whispers.

"Dad....no....please"

Seeing Jack like this made Dave sad for him. He kneels besides the bed and he slowly places his hand on the sleeping man's forehead.

"Shh....it'll be alright" he whispers. Jack's eyebrows begin to relax and he calms down.

Dave sighed in relief and pulls his hand away only to have his wrist grabbed. He gasps and looks at Jack.

"What are you doing?" Jack asks sleepily.

"Uhm....you were having a nightmare so I came to check on you"

Jack rubs his eyes and glances at his phone. It was 3:27am. He sighs.

"Sleep with me"

Dave blinked two times.

"Heh?"