ONE

The sky looks gloomy today. Who would have thought something simple as water could turn a beautiful blue sky into a dark and depressing sight.

Sighing, Dave sits up on his bed. He scrolls through Instagram for a few minutes, fingers rapidly tapping the screen.

"I should really get up" he murmurs before setting the phone down. His back quietly cracks as he stretches. He stumbles his way into the bathroom.

"Okay Dave, let's hope today's your day" he tells himself, looking at his reflection.

Dave had light caramel toned skin, his dark brown eyes complimented his strong facial features. He chuckles, shaking his head as he had realised he was checking himself out.

It's been two years since Dave has been in a relationship. The guy he dated worked at a law firm and was not available as much as Dave would've wanted him to be. It was a non dramatic breakup, they sometimes bump into each other and it's not awkward at all.

Afrer brushing his teeth and washing his face, Dave heads downstairs where breakfast was waiting for him.

Dave is what you call a dynasty kid, well he's not a kid anymore but the title is stuck with him. His parents, Mark and Vanessa had been blessed with money through their lineage and when the two families became one through marriage, the wealth was overflowing.

"Alexa play Beethoven Für Elise"

The music starts to play and Dave smiles, dancing by himself as imagines a random man dancing with him at a ball. He laughs softly before he stopped.

"I'm losing my mind" he says, heading into the kitchen.

Although Dave is in his mid thirties, he still has not told his parents about his sexuality, he figures they'd bash him for ruining their....perfect reputation.

He sits down and lifts the cotton cloth that covered his food and sighs, eggs benedict again.

"This lavish life is quite....monotonous" he complained but still ate nonetheless.

The landline then started to ring. The grand emperor 1933 vintage telephone went along with the style of the whole mansion.

"Montgomery residence" he says once he had picked up.

"Dave darling, how are you? Good? That's nice. Listen, I'm coming to town this morning my dear and I wanted to meet you for brunch"

He sighs. It was his aunt, Victoria, his mother's twin sister.

"Alright auntie. I'll meet you at Olive garden"

"Ciao!"

He should probably get ready then.

•°• ✾ •°•

By 11am, Dave was at Olive Garden waiting for Victoria. He was wearing a simple white shirt with black slacks with patent lather shoes to complete the look.

He sees a custom made Rolls Royce ghost park across the street and a smile creeps up his face, seeing a woman step out.

The restaurant door opens and an average height woman steps inside, her minimal makeup was over taken by her outfit, a flowing yellow summer dress with large framed sunglasses, along with a pair of sandals.

"Dave darling come give your auntie a hug"

He rolls his eyes and stands up, hugging Victoria for a few seconds.

"Hello Auntie"

They sit down and a waiter comes to their table. They both order chicken scampi and Victoria demanded bottomless mimosas.