I try to focus on everything but the anxious feeling which has made itself at home in me for the remainder of my time with Daniel. When he's done he begins juggling small beanbags in his hands in one of the most impressive displays I've seen from him. When he sees my entertained expression he tosses one at me. With my mouth open in surprise at the material hitting my shoulder with a dull thud I throw the beanbag back in his direction, his reactions sharper than mine ever could be he dodges the weight easily, a mocking tongue sticking out at me with the avoidance.

A small play fight ensues between as I try (and fail) to enact revenge.

"I can't believe you'd do that!" I pant as I struggle to contain laughter. Every time I move my arm in an attempt to shove his shoulder the same way he shoved mine his hand grabs onto me, preventing me from getting any closer to his warm toned body. Only with each touch Daniel's body gets closer to mine, pressing my body into the material of the sofa I'm on.

His eyes are bright, teasing and determined. He's never going to let me win this battle we've almost silently agreed to commence.

"You should've expected me to do exactly that." Daniel counters my words and I shake my head in disappointment. A tut leaving me when I jerk my hand away in another attempt to prod Daniel, failing to touch him because of course he's able to grab onto my wrist before I can reach his body.

"Okay children!" Michael's voice calls, scolding the two of us. A groan of frustration leaves me, my head falling backwards as my cheeks heat with embarrassment. I forgot that he and Blake were even here if I'm being honest. It's so easy to drift into our own space sometimes. Daniel just laughs at my reaction, pressing a sweet peck to my lips before apologising to Michael and climbing to his feet. Only he pulls me with him, slinging an arm around my shoulders and holding me close.

Right on cue someone knocks on the door of the room and says "Time to go!". Completely distracted by Daniel's arm around me the words don't even make the anxiety in me stir. Somewhere between five minutes ago and now it's slipped away so that I'm only filled with excitement for what the race will bring.

Turns out Daniel not only has a knack of making me face my fears and do things I'm scared of; he also manages to take any of my anxiety away. So what? We won't win, it's still a good opportunity to bring home decent points for the team, the best chance Daniel and Lando have had all season. It's exciting! Nothing more nothing less.

Nothing to be anxious about.

Michael filters out of the room first followed by Blake. I go to follow the two Australian men out of the door, to give Daniel a final moment of peace before the craziness of the grid. However, before I can even take more than two steps away from Daniel his hand clasps around mine. Trapping me in the room, close to him.

"What were you thinking about before?" Daniel asks pulling me into him, his touch is warm and I can hear the music playing out if his headphones in the quiet of the room. They're slung around his neck ready to go over his ears to provide him with some peace as he leaves the safe space - as always. I shake my head in answer to his question.

"It doesn't matter now." I reassure him, my thumb running a soft circle over the back of his hands. Quickly my hand is dropped from his and his strong hands wrap around my waist, pulling my body against his. His race suit brushes against the exposed skin of my thighs as I press my hands to his chest, settling them there as I fall into him, against him. The material is somehow softer than I expected it to be, it takes me by surprise every single time. Daniel opens his mouth but before any words can leave him I beat him there. "I'm sure." I begin before he can. "Before you ask. That's what you were gonna ask, right?" I ask him teasing. Daniel just shakes his head in slight disbelief at me.