"You got this." I say evenly, grabbing Charles by the shoulder in reassurance. "It's only qualifying, you're the best at qualifying." Are the words I leave Charles with, because they're true. Charles Leclerc comes out on pole so often because he is the best at qualifying. I nod at him in encouragement with a small smile, Charles smiles in return leaning over to kiss me once on both cheeks (as he usually does as a greeting). He leaves me with an eye roll, a quiet word of thanks and another attempt of a wink (no matter how hard he tries he still hasn't mastered them). Charles waves to me briefly before he scoots around a corner.

I'm left to the Ferrari motorhome with my coffee in hand, when a man in a red shirt starts looking at me a little too long with a frown. I don't have the right pass to be in here, he knows it and I know it. Instead of causing a scene or being manhandled out of the ferrari base I smile at him, grasp my coffee a little tighter in my hands (as if it may be kidnapped) and step out of the motorhome. It leaves me wondering in the paddock, almost around in circles for fifteen minutes until I find a spot to sit.

It's a small gathering of Italian flag coloured deck chairs. They're paired with sun umbrellas which as I sit down on the canvas material leaves my face out of the sun but my waist downwards drenched in it. The perfect mix. I sigh in content to myself as I fully relax into the spot, the chair taking my weight as I kick up my feet unwinding in it. I text Michael with my whereabouts and he replies with a message that tells me as soon as Dan and Lando are finished with their briefing he'll collect me so that we can watch the session all together. I shoot a thumbs up in reply. As the message turns blue and confirms 'delivered' to Michael another notification drops down the top of my screen.

It's from Charles and all it reads is 'can't believe you haven't told him yes'. I laugh at the message, picturing his smirk as he sends it mid briefing when he should have 1000% of his focus on the team. In reply I shoot him back a text of Lilly's work address, he replies saying he's 'never loved anyone more'. I laugh to myself like an idiot. A girl on a couple of chairs down gives me a strange stare because of the outburst and I don't blame her.

I can't quite bring it in me to care though.

After another minute another message drops through. 'The thing I know is penalties.' Then another one. 'We're fucked.' I roll my eyes at his words. He's been down on himself since the return after summer break. Almost like if Charles expects nothing he can't be disappointed by the outcome of the weekend. I tell him not to be so down on himself and the team, reassuring him that he will do just fine regardless of what happens.

Charles doesn't reply.

-

"You look quite happy here." Blake notes approaching me. He catches me off guard, I'm mid Instagram scroll when he approaches. The jump I do in my spot makes him laugh.

"I could stay here all day." I reply, greeting the Australian with a smile as my heart rate returns to its normal level.

"Don't think your boyfriend would be too happy about that." Blake notes falling into the seat beside me. "Your brother too." He adds, almost as an after thought as I tip the remainder of my ice coffee into my mouth. It's no longer icy cold and it doesn't taste as good either. For Blake Lando is an after thought. He's lovely sure, but Blake has made it no secret to anyone at any point, including me, that Daniel will always be his priority around here. Blake's appearance has caught the attention of the girl who glared at me not so long ago.

"Think I'll hide here with you too." Blake says almost ironically for the eyes which are set on him. This may not be the best hiding spot if the girls gaze is anything to go by. Blake sounds exhausted. This weekend has been full on for everyone on the team, not even beginning with Daniel and Lando. Mclaren has been capitalising on their success of last year and using it as further promotion - it's been a lot.