This week in Monza it's Ferrari's home race, and it's only adding to the pressure I'm sure. Every fan I passed on the way to the track this morning was decked out head to toe in the red kit. People cheer both Charles and Carlos's names and applaud when their cars go around the track. I've never heard anything like the two practice sessions yesterday, it was only outdone by the third one this morning. Italian songs ring out every so often and cheers of the two drivers names fall constantly from lips.

Ferrari is literally the talk of the town.

"No pressure, this is your weekend I'm sure." I promise with a smile in his direction. Charles shakes his head at my words but I can see from the small smile on his lips that despite his anxieties he thinks so too.

"It could be good for Lando and Daniel too." Charles says with a smile. It's not mocking, only genuine. He knows what it's like to not be where you want to be.

"I doubt it will be a repeat of last year." I shrug, I could care less about the result of the race if I'm being honest. Or even qualifying. I just want the two men in the Mclaren garage to be happy with how they perform. Whilst for Charles that means winning, for both Daniel and Lando that means being in the points at this stage in the season.

"I think it could go well for them." Is all Charles says, eyeing me carefully as he says the words, eyes a little squinted as his tongue darts out across his lips. My eyes narrow in his direction as I take a sip from my coffee.

"What do you know?" I ask, the words are slow from me and accusing. They make Charles smile slowly. Knowingly.

"Nothing." He says coyly. He most definitely knows something. He's most certainly not going to tell me what it is. "Did Daniel ask you to move in yet?" Charles asks quickly, changing the topic, it makes my eyes widen.

"You knew?!" I ask, my mouth a little agape. My expression moves from a small frown to one of complete surprise. Out of everyone on the grid I didn't expect him to ask Charles. I'm closest to Charles out of everyone sure, but Daniel's not. I'd name at least three drivers Daniel would go to with advice before Charles.

"He asked me if I thought you'd say yes in Belgium." Charles shrugs in that usual way he does, a smug smile on his face. "I told him yes. You told him yes?" I laugh to myself because of how many times he just said yes, the word leaving him faster each time he says it.

"I told him I'd think about it." I cringe a little as I say the words, hiding behind my cup of coffee as I take a long sip from it. Longer than I needed.

"Which means yes, no?" He asks looking to me with that confused and panicked look in his eyes he sometimes gets. It's hidden so well behind his puffed out chest and relaxed demeanour that I'd miss it if I didn't know him better. This isn't about me answering Daniel, this matters to him for another reason. If only he'd tell me exactly what it is.

"Yes, it means yes." I confirm and the relief on him is slightly noticeable. "Daniel knows the answer is yes too." I add quickly, although it's more to comfort me than Charles. I hope Daniel knows. He must know. Daniel's expression when I told him I'd think it over told me he knew it was a yes, as least I think. "What do you know about the race Char-"

Before I can finish pestering Charles for any more information on his previous words someone calls his name. Before Charles can even turn and give them his full attention they begin speaking fast in Italian, making the Monegasque in front of me check his watch and frown. He has to be somewhere. Looking at the clock on the wall of the room confirms to me that he really will have to be somewhere. It's an hour until qualifying. He shouldn't be out here, getting pestered by my questions and we both know it.