Chapter 44 - Welcome home

Chapter 44

Marley POV

And so the day went. Swimming with Ogawa Kaito keeping a close eye on the pool area but like other days, even without a private booking, it was quiet. Messages from Tae to make sure everything was still OK at our end. I knew he had meetings and practices and I hoped he was concentrating. The Doctor came and confirmed her ears were looking better and she'd be fine to travel the next afternoon. A simple dinner was ordered in and handed to Oga to give to us, the knock on the door still sending a small jolt through me as my body remembered the knock from this morning.

After she was tucked in for the night, I settled on the couch, the quiet weighing down on me. The last few nights this couch had housed Tae and I in our own little bubble while we waited for Sophia to settle before we could relax and deepen our relationship more by exploring each other with words and our bodies. So now I felt empty being here by myself. Looking at the time, the same time as Tae in Korea, I wondered if he'd eaten, whether he was dancing or singing, clicking on Netflix to keep me company in the background while I scrolled through my phone.

I saw pictures of Tae arriving into Incheon airport. There was a video too, looking down at his phone as he tripped a little and I realised it must've been when he was reading my messages. He looked up at ARMY and the reporters who always seemed to know when a member was coming through the airport, camping out to take photos. His tata expression came out after ARMY did an initial gasp when he stumbled, looking a little embarrassed and there was a collective awwww at his cute facials as he waved to them before disappearing out the door into the waiting car.

Marley

OMG, you are super cute!

TaeTae

Where did that come from? But yes, you are xx

Marley

I saw a video of you at the airport, you recovered well from when you tripped. All the comments were how cute you were. I have to agree, glad you're mine oppa

TaeTae

The members are rolling their eyes at me as I'm grinning at my phone right now nae sarang

Marley

You go back to being a rockstar, love you

TaeTae

You go back to being effortlessly amazing, love you too xx

KTH POV

"Taehyungie is in love," Jimin called out, the members and staff present looking between us with various kinds of smiles as I put the phone back in my pocket, smacking him on the arm. I rolled my eyes at them all.

"I was just checking to make sure she was still OK after the security issue this morning," I replied, loath to tell them of our cute exchange even though my lips were betraying me by breaking into a grin. I shared enough with them on the daily, they didn't need to know everything between Marley and I. But my face usually gave most things away anyway.

"And is she OK," Namjoon asked, aware it had been a trying day for me before I even left Japan.

I rubbed my hand over my face, feeling the tiredness, knowing I'd fall into bed that night and sleep straight away. "Mostly I think. They've stayed in the hotel today but the security is in place and they may go out tomorrow before she flies into Korea." I couldn't help a thrill running down my spine at the thought of having her in my home.

"The company will do what's needed to keep an eye on all this. They already have a statement prepared about privacy if any photos are released."

"Let's hope they won't need to." We were in the practice room, preparing for the month of travel and promotions of some of our new songs. I wasn't expecting to be out before 10pm or even midnight at this rate. All of us were just getting back into it after a bit of time off, learning the new and updated choreography. When I'd landed at lunchtime, I was already antsy and worried, checking my phone constantly.