Chapter 25 - Saved by the bell

Chapter 25

Marley POV

Hunger eventually took over and we decided ordering food would be a good idea. It was many hours until our bridge climb, staff having called Tae to say we had been given permission to take a special tour later that night.

"Do you want to do something else this afternoon," he asked, hanging up from his manager. "Or do you want to relax? The day is yours."

"To be honest, with two more days ahead of us, I don't mind just hanging out with you. The painting session was great and the bridge climb will be amazing so lets just relax?"

"Sounds good to me," he answered, opening the door to gather the food that had been left outside our door.

After eating, we left some of the food for later and he went into the bedroom to plug his phone in. Five minutes later when I realised he hadn't come back, I walked in to find he was fast asleep on top of the bed, a little pout on his face. Standing for a moment and just looking at him, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. He was the perfect combination of sexy and cute and this sleepy Tae was always adorable. Deciding a nap wasn't a bad idea, I grabbed a blanket and lay it over him before tucking myself in as well. Planning to read for a bit first, I grabbed my book and turned to where I was up to, waking later to his lips on my cheek and my book fallen next to me.

"We obviously needed that," he said, his mouth lingering for a moment against my face, eyelashes tickling mine.

"Too many late nights which I'm not complaining about," I replied, stretching and sitting up as I reached for his hand.

He looked at his phone, commenting we still had some time before we needed to get ready to go. "If we stay here, I'll probably fall asleep again," and he tugged me off the bed and onto my feet, causing me to fall against him. He smirked at this and raised an eyebrow as he leaned in to kiss me.

"That was smooth," I said, laughing.

"That was the plan," he said, walking us out to the lounge so we could watch some TV.

We were laying on the couch watching Netflix when I felt his lips on my shoulder, breath warm against my skin. Turning my head I saw he had left them there, his eyes closed and I melted.

"I sarang your kiseu," I said carefully and his eyebrows went up before a chuckle erupted, low and melodious from his mouth. I stuck my lip out at him. "Obviously I'm still learning," I frowned at him and he pressed another kiss, this time to my lips as I rolled over onto my back.

"That might be the cutest sentence I have ever heard," he said. "And I very much sarang your kiseu too."

"That better not be something you share in your group chat," I pouted and he laughed again. The depth of his voice, the way it pulsed through me was something I didn't think I'd ever get sick of.

"They already know what I think of your kisses. And of you." His look had grown intense and I cleared my throat a little. 

"Do I want to know what you talk about with them?" I asked, cheeks feeling a little flushed and I put the back of my hand up to cool them down.

"Probably not," he said. "Although it's definitely all good. Jimin can't keep his mind out of the wrong places so I don't tell them everything between us."

"Thank goodness," I answered, thinking of our conversation before we'd started painting. I did not want comments from any of them about whether I liked white, milk or dark chocolate with my cream. His eyes were locked on mine, enormous and extraordinarily deep and in that moment I couldn't help but think that he was the one who I had handed my heart over to and I wanted him to keep it. Scary as it was, I was becoming more and more certain of my feelings and it felt more exciting than daunting.