Chapter 15 - Look at the view

Chapter 15

Marley POV

Collapsing on the sofa together when we walked in the door, we had an hour until we needed to start getting ready. Tae pulled my legs over his lap and started absent-mindedly rubbing them while I leaned back, thinking that his hands were magic. "Today has been amazing so far. It feels like we've done so much already and we still have the evening to go. Thank you Tae."

"I wanted to make sure you'd be thinking of today for a long time."

"That's a definite," I answered with a smile. Did he realise that I would be thinking of nothing but our time together when he flew out. And my face dropped as I tried to shake away the thought of him leaving. Those thoughts were determined to keep invading my mind even when I reminded myself we still had hours together. But I knew hours flew by too quickly.

"Do you want a hot or cold drink?" I asked, going to get up but he held me in place.

"I'll make them," he answered. "I think I have opened most cupboards in your kitchen now. And today is meant to be about you. What would you like?"

"A black tea please," I said as he stood up, gently moving my legs to the side.

10 minutes later, after I called out a few times checking to make sure he could find what he needed, he walked back into the living room juggling two hot drinks and a small packet of Sophia's snacks. He had a super cute look, clearly proud of himself as he put the drinks down next to us.

"I found everything and hopefully Sophia doesn't mind if I eat some of her crackers. I'm a little hungry after our walk."

"She would love to share with her TaeTae," I said, sipping my cup, feeling the warmth flood through me. "Perfect Tae, I don't like it too strong, you know what I needed."

He went to speak and stopped. I could see he was whirring over things in his mind before he spoke. "I'm glad she seems to like me, that's important."

"She definitely does. When I dropped her at mums, she asked why TaeTae didn't come in too. I realised you didn't have a proper chance to say goodbye."

"That's because it's not goodbye. I'll see her again."

I lowered my eyelashes to look at my cup, trying to keep my breathing steady. Were we going to talk now about what was happening with us. I didn't want tonight to be the end, everything about the way we were talking sounded like he didn't either.

His phone rang and he glanced at it. "It's my manager, I won't be a moment, I think it's about tonight," and he answered the call.

As he spoke in words I couldn't understand, I had a chance to just watch him, his face changing from serious and listening to a huge grin as he made eye contact with me before focusing again.

"Everything is all set," he said after hanging up, an expectant look on his face at the plans ahead. I was a little nervous, it had been a while since I'd been able to be spontaneous with Sophia now always in tow but tonight felt like something important.

"I'm really excited about it Tae, whatever you've planned."

"I don't get the chance to plan things like this very often so I hope you like it."

"I don't mind at all what we do, time with you, especially today is precious."

He seemed to know I was meaning that they were leaving tomorrow and nodded. "It is, precious is the right word."

He looked at the time, then grabbed the remote, pulling me in against himself. "Lets just relax for a bit before we need to get ready," and I was more than happy to snuggle in close as we spent the next half an hour talking, Netflix on in the background.