Chapter 10 - Down by the river

**Longest chapter yet, lots needed to be said!**

Chapter 10

Marley POV

Room 1401 was a hum of motion as we opened the door onto a small hallway which opened up into a suite, a lot of people and a lot of noise. They all looked up as Tae called out a "hey everyone," as we walked in, startling me with his considerable volume. "This is Marley, Marley this is everyone." There was a mixture of sound as people called out hello, annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you, many of them bowing as they spoke.

I waved out a greeting, feeling self conscious as I cleared my throat before replying. "Hi, nice to meet you all." There were lots of smiles in returns, a few confused faces at our linked fingers and maybe a frown or two flitted across a few faces which I tried to brush off as my imagination. As I looked around, members were sitting in various places, staff tending to their makeup and clothes and Tae led us over to where a chair was waiting for him.

"The interview is in the room next door, you can watch behind the cameras if you want?" he said, sitting down into the chair and I nodded, leaned against the wall nearby, trying to keep out of everyone's way.

A makeup staff came over, bowing to the both of us before she began to transform Tae into the working V. The way her hands ran across his cheeks when she was applying product stirred a little jealousy in me and I turned away slightly so I didn't have to watch it, reminding myself that he didn't belong to me so I didn't have the right to feel that way. It didn't change anything though, my brow furrowing slightly when I realised I wanted to replace her hands with mine.

Distraction in the form of people watching came into play as I attempted to ignore the pangs I was feeling. The room was chaos, the seven members, makeup staff, stylists, managers, someone setting out food. At least 20 people in a small space and no-one seemed to be blinking at the noise level, most of the members having headphones in their ears, Suga even nodding off in his chair. To me, it was overwhelming, the only other person who looked somewhat familiar being Mr Muscles who nodded in my direction with a smile when I looked his way.

Occasionally, a voice could be heard over the others, speaking in Korean but I could work out they were giving an update on how long it was until they needed to be ready as he looked at his watch a few times.

A tap on my arm brought me back to the present as Tae got my attention and I gaped, quickly closing my mouth as I took in what he looked like. The sweet, tiny moles on his face had disappeared, covered by product which lightened his skin, smoothing it out into a flawless canvas. He did look truly beautiful but I was familiar with his darker skin tones and I had to blink to take it all in.

"We're going through to this room now," he said, giving my hand a quick squeeze before leaning in to my ear. "Staff in this room I trust but next door are people from outside my world and I can't be next to you if I want to protect you. I'm sorry."

"It's OK," I replied with a smile, feeling again like I was trying to balance on a tightrope, torn between wanting to explore but terrified of falling as it all seemed so complicated.

He walked me over to a female staff member, speaking to her quickly before she nodded and bowed to me. Turning back he explained, "Lee Seul-ki will help you. I've asked her to show you where to stand next door so you can watch."

"Thank you Tae, I'll see you after the interview," as he dropped my hand and walked through the door into the connecting room.

"Nice to meet you," I said to Lee Seul-ki as I turned to her. She had a stack of papers in one hand and a staff t-shirt on, she looked like someone who had everything under control, a warm smile crossing her face.