Chapter 23 - Banana Milk or Gummy Snakes

Chapter 23 

Marley POV

It took a long time for the smile to leave my face after he'd gone, my hand resting on my lips. He'd been grinning as the door closed and I leaned on the wall for support. Being called beautiful, the way his mouth moved over the word and his eyes smiled, had sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach and I felt almost like I was in a trance as I walked over to the sofa and fell into it. This sparked of new love, not wanting to leave each others side and I was loving the feeling, excited to think of possibilities.

Looking at the time I realised I had quite a few hours and no reason to stay in the hotel. I needed some fresh air so I packed my laptop and went to explore the neighbourhood, hoping to find a cafe where I could grab a hot drink and get some work done. If I got through enough, I wouldn't need to do anything else the rest of the time we were together and that sounded like something I was very much looking forward to. The next two days were almost free of BTS schedule so we could concentrate on us. It felt like things were building quickly and I paused at the thought of what might come. Was I ready for whatever that looked like?

10 minutes later I was settled in a nearby cafe, having ordered my hot chocolate and opened my laptop, tucking myself away in a corner near the window. I plugged music into my ears, a playlist of Tae singing. It felt differently listening to it while his lips were still fresh on mine and I smiled to myself at that secret thought.

I was soon absorbed in my work, music soft in the background, his voice smooth and silky. Positioned so I could watch those going by outside, the cafe was fairly steady but quiet. It was mid afternoon and most people were at work or study so when three young women entered the cafe, grabbing a table near me and collapsing into chairs with a commotion, I couldn't help but look up at the noise before glancing back at my screen. Not thinking much of it, I carried on until I heard a huge laugh during a music break and the word Bangtan, realising they were ARMY.

I immediately turned my music to mute and unashamedly eavesdropped as they continued laughing and talking.

"Have you picked what you're going to wear?"

"I haven't but something that gets me noticed. In a huge crowd, we have to do something to stand out."

"We're practically in nosebleed seats so they won't see us and anyway, they probably have girlfriends."

"Jimin is saving himself for me," one said dramatically while the others laughed.

"Kookie is so gorgeous, I am definitely looking forward to seeing him in Pied Piper. They better do a close up," said another.

"Oh, they need to do a close up of the whole vocal line for that one," the last said and I noticed her Tata keyring, feeling an instant stab of something in the pit of my stomach.

"You stand the most chance of any of us," they said, turning to her. "At least you can speak more than just a few words of Korean. When V comes your way, you can declare your undying love for him and ride off into the sunset together."

She flicked her long ebony hair. "Well, when that happens, I'll be sure to ask if we can triple date. Imagine, us and the maknae line, that would be all my dreams coming true."

They all laughed and then sighed. "If only," the Jungkook stan continued. "Can you even imagine who will be the lucky ones to actually kiss them. I wonder what JK tastes like."

"I'm guessing some kind of food," the Jimin stan answered with a grin. "Maybe banana milk?"

"Tae, mmmmm, he is going to smell like sex and taste like me."

"Oh, you're shameless," they both giggled at her response.

I frowned, not liking where this conversation was going at all. Picking up my phone, I text him.