Chapter 41 - She adores him

Chapter 41

Marley POV

We'd showered, cleaning away the sweetness from each other, the evidence of our afternoon sticky on our skin. It hadn't actually lasted long, both of us too keen to sink into each other so we'd given up on using the extras. The can of cream rolled under my hip at one point, causing a brief moment of mirth before we lost our train of thought again in each others bodies.

Afterwards, Sophia was still asleep and I was sitting at the table trying to finish a few emails while Tae relaxed on the couch. Every now and again he'd ask if I wanted anything to eat with a smirk while I replied something along the lines of the fact I was quite full for now. I wasn't sure we could finish the rest of the cream and chocolate up as a regular dessert with fruit without giggling.

My phone started chirping, Abby was trying to reach me for a video call. I contemplated not answering it but that was just because I knew she'd ask me lots of questions. And I missed her voice so clicked to accept the call, her face popping up.

"Marley," she screeched and Tae looked up, amused from where he was sitting on the couch.

"Told you I was the quiet sister," I said to Tae as I greeted her with a smile. "Hello Abby."

"Babe, I wasn't going to wait weeks like last time to get all the gossip. What have you been up to? When am I going to meet that delicious man of yours?"

I glanced up to see Tae pursing his lips together, trying to hold his laugh in. "I'm not sure he's ready for the crazy that is you just yet," I replied.

"Ah, don't hold out on me and details sis, how much time has been spent in bed, how much have you actually gone out?"

My tongue came out of my mouth slightly in exasperation, she really had no filter. "We're having a nice time Abigail."

Abby sighed. "Nice time translates into I'm not getting any extra information right now."

"It actually just means what I said. We are having a really nice time."

Tae stood up and used his hands to ask if I wanted him to come say hello. I shrugged at him. "If you want to," I answered, wondering if it was a bad idea.

"Oh, is he there now? No wonder you're not giving me details. Come say hello hunky man."

Tae was smiling as he came up behind where I was sitting and then leaned forward into the screen, wrapping his arms around my neck. "Hello, I'm Tae," he greeted, a head bow towards her.

"OMG, you're even sexier than I thought you'd be. And your voice! How do you keep your hands to yourself Marley?" she asked, hand coming to her chest and my cheeks went a little pink at her comments.

"She doesn't," he said, popping a grape in his mouth and grinning at the screen. He could see I was blushing and touched my cheek, leaning in to whisper "and you're not always quiet," to which my cheeks flushed deeper.

"You are both too cute," she shrieked.

"Abbs, you need to calm down please, Sophia is due up from her nap soon but she's still asleep."

"Sorry, I'm just so excited for you. Is Japan all you ever hoped for?"

"It is beautiful and Tae is the best person to be here with," I answered, looking up at him. He kissed the top of my head, clearly not worried about showing PDA in front of Abby.

"OK, seriously, you guys are all loved up. I couldn't be happier."

"Thanks sis and yes, I am very happy." I clutched his hand and squeezed it, hoping he knew he made me more than just happy.