Chapter 52 - Ice cold

**Another double update today, chapters 52 and 53 because they were getting too long but needed to be posted together. Enjoy. **

Chapter 52

Marley POV

"Let go. Oh my word, I love it! And Bulletproof the Eternal makes me cry every time I hear it," I said to him, "so many layers." We are sitting on the floor of the lounge, feet stretched out and brushing against each other from time to time as we ate some raymen from oversized bowls. He'd come home for a few hours to eat dinner before heading back for a very late night. Sophia was in bed and I knew the car was coming to collect him soon. We were talking about the list of their songs he'd given me to listen to that I might not know. I was still growing my list of favourite songs they performed, adding new ones daily.

"You know that song was written for ARMY?" He asked and I nodded as he continued. "Will that be OK, that ARMY is always in my heart? You would need to be OK with sharing me. I wouldn't have met you if ARMY hadn't existed."

"I get it, you guys are amazing so unless they're climbing in through our bedroom window, it's good with me."

I heard it as I stopped talking, the silence in the room and I frowned, trying to work out what I'd said before realising. It was saying 'our' bedroom window, like we had one together. How had it become so easy to think of us as a 'we' instead of separate people with separate lives? Looking up through my eyelashes, a tint on my cheeks, I saw he was smiling.

"It will be hard for them to climb in 'our' bedroom window since security is so good and we're up high but I'm glad you're OK with ARMY."

"I am ARMY now, didn't you know," I asked, winking at him.

"You're the only one I'll let inside my bedroom window and my bed, from now on." He put his bowl down and slid forward, knees either side of mine as he caged me in. I leaned forward to rest my elbows on his knees.

"That sounds perfect to me."

Kissing me softly, he played with the hair falling around my ears, twisting it in his fingers. "You do know you've changed my life?"

I sighed into his touch. "I can't imagine you not being in mine."

"You don't have to imagine that jagi, this is forever."

He was looking at me without looking away, into the depths, all the places he had invaded. "Forever is a long time."

"I know? Isn't that amazing, to think we get to do this life together?"

"Every time you say things like that, my heart seems to grow a little more. Just the thought of waking up with you, everyday? The life we could create together?"

"The children we could create together...," he stuck his tongue out a little, biting down.

I laughed at him, leaning closer to touch his lips lightly with my finger. "You just want to practice making the children, the raising of them takes a whole lot more time."

"We can take our time more with the practice if that's what you wish," he said, nipping my finger with his teeth and pulling me closer.

"I wasn't complaining. At all," I breathed into his mouth.

"I wish the car wasn't coming so soon."

"I wish you had a little more time off to go somewhere," I answered, a little pouty.

He pulled back. "I have booked something for the three of us to do in a few days. It was going to be a surprise but maybe we need something to look forward to together?"