Chapter 40 - Lost and found

Chapter 40

Marley POV

The car arrived at 630am to pick us up and as we'd woken at just before 6am, it gave us enough time to pack a small backpack for Sophia. We weren't planning on being there very long, they didn't have many rides she could go on and once the crowds hit, it was likely the amount of photos taken there would become a disaster for us.

As the four of us entered, we were greeted by a man in his 40s, who bowed to us, explaining he was our guide and we had an hour in the park, asking where we'd like to go. "We're really just here for the small children's rides," Tae explained in what sounded like great Japanese to me, another language I had only minimal words in. I was only pleased the guide was an older male and not younger female, there was less of a chance he'd know who Tae was although we all wore masks again anyway.

The area for kids was ours alone. If there were any other people in the park as VIPs, they were in different areas, on the big rides and weren't interested in the kids ones. "Mama, this a playground," Sophia asked, looking around at all the bright colours around her.

"Kind of baby girl, do you want to go play?"

She clapped her hands in excitement, skipping on the spot and we started to explore. Tae was almost more excited than she was to be strapped into the rides and on ones that only fit two next to each other, they were a little team as I took photos of them from the ground. They never went high, all designed for preschoolers but, since she was fearless anyway, it wouldn't have mattered if they did go high as she would've loved it.

Her shrieks of joy were contagious and we were having so much fun. The small kids rollercoaster was her favourite and she asked to go on it over and over. Each of us took a turn sitting next to her and she really liked Choi Ji-ho who knew how to handle her as he had kids of his own. That boded well for having a date night while we were here in Japan and I was continually surprised at how well she adapted to the new places and people that sprung up in her little world.

"Mama, can go on dat again?" she asked, pointing at a helicopter that went up and down on the spot. We'd stopped to hydrate and had about 20 minutes left before the park officially opened.

"Sure, who is going on it with you?" I asked and she pointed at Ji-ho who had made her laugh on the last few rides we'd been on.

"Taehyungie, do you and Miss Marley want to go on a bigger rollercoaster while Miss Sophia and I finish up here?" he asked as he followed her to get buckled in. We looked at each other and then at the guide and he nodded.

"I can come with you there and I'll radio another staff to come here to assist." It all happened very quickly, going out of their way to accommodate our requests and Tae and I set off with our guide.

"Shall we just go to the closest one that looks exciting so we save time?" I asked.

"Do you want a water ride or a roller coaster," the guide queried.

"Roller coaster," we both answered at the same time, holding hands as we walked to a giant one in front of us.

"Do you like roller coasters?" I asked as we were led to the front of the coaster and strapped in. On this one, your legs dangled and it added an extra element of fear.

"Sometimes," he answered, double and triple checking that we were locked firmly in place. "I don't really like high places. What about you?"

"I've always loved theme parks and roller coasters," I answered. "This one looks a little scary though."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling scared," he said as it began to lurch forward, clicking us up and up and as we crested the top to soar down, we both screamed as the fear turned into excitement and we flipped upside down and spun round and round, up and over before quickly heading towards the finish.