Chapter 21 - With you again

With you again

Marley POV

When I arrived at the airport the next day to check in, I was told of the business class seat he'd booked for me. Considering I'd been thinking it would be a normal flight I was very happy when I sat down and saw how comfortable the seat was, sending him a message straight away to thank him.

TaeTae

I wanted to fly you first class but they didn't offer it on that flight. Hopefully it will be OK though

Marley

I've only ever travelled economy so this is a massive upgrade, thank you Tae xx

TaeTae

It's selfish, I want you to arrive as happy as possible. If you sleep on the plane, we'll have more time together

Marley

Closing my eyes now xx

Getting off the plane in Sydney, I felt the nerves kick up a notch at the thought we were only hours away from seeing each other again, from being able to wrap up in his arms. I knew he wasn't going to be able to pick me up from the airport, instead organising for staff to meet me at the baggage claim area and drive me back to the hotel. It was a nice surprise to see Choi Ji-ho waiting for me, a familiar face and smile making me feel a little calmer. "Welcome Miss Marley, Taehyungie will be very, very happy you've landed."

"It's great to see you again. Just Marley is fine and thank you for picking me up."

Grabbing my bag for me, he indicated to follow through the nearest doors as a black SUV pulled up to collect us. Climbing in the back, Ji-ho getting into the front with the driver and I realised that I would be doing the trip alone. I wondered how often Tae sat in a car, alone with his thoughts, staff giving him space. That sounded both peaceful and lonely, watching the world go by from a restrictive bubble.

I was already checked in so they walked me to my room once we'd pulled up to the front. Bowing and leaving me to settle, I sent a quick message off to Tae to let him know I was at the hotel.

TaeTae

We're in makeup, getting ready for an interview but it's here in the hotel so once that's done, I'll come straight to you. Maybe in an hour?

Marley

I can't wait to see you again xx

TaeTae

I am willing the time to fly xx

I decided it was best to have a shower and change out of what I was wearing. When I'd known I wouldn't be seeing him straight away, I'd opted for comfortable travelling clothes. It wasn't a super long flight but planes are always unpleasant. It turned out that flying business class wasn't a bad way to fly at all, but I still wanted to put on fresh clothes to see him. Once I'd finished dressing and checked myself over multiple times, I paced around a bit, looking at all the parts of the room. It was a suite, bedroom separate with a lounge opening onto a great view. I opened cupboards, eyed up the very inviting oversized spa bath, sat down, stood up, paced again. This waiting was making me nervous.

Picking up my phone, I decided to Face-time with mum and Sophia before she went to bed. It was a good sign that when the call connected, I could hear happy laughter in the background. "Hey mum, just calling to check in and see how everything is going?"

"You arrived safely then? And a nice room where you're staying?"

"Yes, easy flight and I had a car waiting for me. The suite is great," I answered, spinning the phone around to show her. "It's quite spacious."