Chapter 9 - TaeTae and BugBug

Chapter 9

Marley POV

When I wake the next morning, I stretched a little then froze at the unfamiliar feeling of legs and hands intertwined with mine. Then, a scent wafted over me and I smiled. I hadn't consciously been thinking about the way he smelled but it had obviously seeped into my subconscious as I knew it was Tae. It was just 'him', not defined as any particular fragrance but already a scent I was drawn to.

"Morning jagiya," he said and I melted at the endearment as I turned to face him, pursing my lips together as I realised I hadn't brushed my teeth the night before or this morning. Not that I was intending to kiss him right then and there but that definitely put a stop to it. I put my hand up to my mouth and he grinned. "I haven't brushed my teeth either but don't worry, this wasn't going to be that moment anyway. You'll know when it is," and he raised his eyebrows, moving away slightly to lay on his back.

I laughed at his confidence and lay on my back too, listening to the silent house, realising Sophia was still asleep. Reaching for my phone to check the time, I saw it was almost 8am. Long past when she would normally wake, we must all have been tired to sleep in although I suspected this was an early morning for Tae. It seemed like it would be a go slow morning and that was more than OK.

There was a comfortable silence as we both scrolled through our phones, catching up on life that had happened while we were asleep. When I went through my Instagram feed, I paused, taking in all the images. Concert photos from last night were already circulating and so many of them were of Sophia on stage, especially when Tae was holding her. Clicking on one of when she was snuggled into his chest, I read the comments.

"V is so good with kids!"

"Won't he make a great dad."

"She's so comfortable with him, it's like they knew each other."

I gaped at that, clicking out of the picture and on another similar one but this stopped me scrolling. Someone had done a side by side of Tae holding Sophia along with the picture he'd posted of her at the park. The caption said "Is this the same girl?"

"Looks like it to me."

"He must know her."

"Nah, definitely not the same girl. The one at the concert is much younger."

"Hair colour and style is the same. Could be the same girl but who is she?"

"I think it was just a cute kid they saw in the crowd."

"Ummmm Tae," and I held my phone out to him. Taking it, he read through and nodded.

"I'm not surprised. But don't worry, it won't last. Even if someone recognises and names her, there is no proof she's the same girl as the park. It will be OK."

"Name her? That's beyond scary!" That was something that hadn't crossed my mind and I felt instantly on edge.

"I'm sorry Marley," he said, his face dropping in concern for me. "That's part of this life unfortunately and a big part of why I am always pretty careful. I don't want you to worry though."

I frowned and tossed the covers back as I heard Sophia stirring. She'd come find me in bed and I didn't think us being seen there together was a good idea. He grabbed my hand before I moved too far away. "Are you OK with all of the Instagram stuff?"

I took a breath, his voice low, calm and reassuring."I think so, if you say it will be OK. I trust you."

"There are some pretty sharp ARMY but that's just a few photos and they'll have others to replace them in a day or two." He gave the back of my hand a kiss and let go so I could go to Sophia, my hand tingling and the photos suddenly seeming less important.