82| The Story of 1983

Začať od začiatku

He wasn't looking for Neville, Seamus and Dean, since they were sitting just in the other side of Harry. He wasn't looking for Ginny, since she was sitting with another friend of hers a few benches in-front of us. He could possibly be looking for the twins, but that was turned down when the twins were already facing him and gesturing over behind them and a little to the right. 

Malfoy was sitting between Blaise and Goyle. Theo was sitting next to Blaise on the left side of Malfoy, with Goyle sitting in the right side with Crabbe beside him. Astoria was sitting behind Malfoy, with Daphne and Pansy sitting a few people beside her. Blaise had caught Ron's gaze, looking sympathetically at me. When Ron had poked my shoulder, he gestured over to Blaise. 

Blaise had also given me a small smile, though it seemed forced at the time. He had nudged Theo with his elbow, who shot his head up from looking at the back of the bench in-front of him. Theo looked at me too, offering me a small wave, to which I gave a curt nod. I didn't want to talk, and I could barely show any affection towards my friends and sister right now. Dumbledore then stood up at the podium, making everyone look in his direction. 

''Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory,' The name felt like a bullet wound in the chest, tears starting to form in my eyes. ''Was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort.'' A few tears had ran down my face, my gaze flickering away from Dumbledore. ''The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak different tongues, our heart beats as one.'' 

Subconsciously, my eyes glance over to the blonde headed boy that sits on the opposite side of the room. His face isn't the usual scowl or cold demeanor, but more compassionate and mournful. When his eyes caught mine, his brows were slightly raised and scrunched towards the middle, his eyes showing that he wanted to comfort me. He didn't try to smile at me either, he knew that I wouldn't be able to. 

''In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end.'' Dumbledore finished, scanning over the mass room of students. I'm sure his gaze had settled on Harry, because Harry had shifted in his seat and sat straighter. 

Soon enough, the students were dismissed. The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were getting ready to leave, walking around the school back and forth again. It still didn't feel right, Cedric wasn't here and this was supposed to be his last year at Hogwarts. He was supposed to be graduating, having a celebration at home with his father and deciding what to do next with his life. 

But now, that's not going to happen. Now he's under the ground, in a wooden casket that had been put together using magic. In a hole, that was also dug up with magic. The least they could've done was do it the Muggle way, but these are Ministry folk, they wouldn't do it any other way besides the magic way. 

Leaning against the wall with my hands in my pockets, I saw Viktor Krum with a paper in his hand walk up to my sister. She lightly took the paper from him as he mumbled something to her, a bright smile making it's way across her face with a curt nod. He then walked away, not without giving her a kiss thought. And she said that she wasn't affectionate with him. 

Two of the Beauxbatons girls - Fleur and her sister - had came and kissed Ron on the head, thanking him for saving Gabrielle. His face had tinted pink very quickly, surprised by the sudden action. I couldn't help but smile, seeing him frozen in place for a few minutes. Harry had walked down the corridor, just got done from packing his things and getting ready to leave Hogwarts for the end of year four.