"Carla is on the couch." I croaked and Daniel nodded to himself simply. He didn't look particularly surprised at Carla's presence, I would have cringed at the thought of what I'd said or done when I crawled into bed with him at three am. However, in the moment I didn't really care. George's hotel was further away and I didn't want her to get a cab or walk alone. So the large plush sofa was hers for the night, or at least until Dan left.

Carla stumbled into the room as Daniel was leaving, groaning as she flopped onto the bed, a finger pointed accusingly in my direction. I laughed, or made the attempt to laugh, it left me as a small huff of air as I peeked a single eye open. "I blame you." She whispered, blonde hair tangled and messy against what was my pillow (I had shuffled into Daniel's half of the bed when he got up).

"I blame you." I returned through a small smile, snuggling my head into the pillow and inhaling Daniel's comforting familiar scent before falling back into sleep.

"Depends if you're going to tell me the plans for the next few days or not." I huff at Daniel's words, they snap me back into reality. He knows that won't happen, I'm determined to at least have the plans for the next few days a secret until we arrive. He knows where we're headed (roughly) and that should be enough for now. It's not a huge surprise, but the effort it had taken to organise and coordinate with everyone's calendar was...a lot. It took approval from Michael, Mclaren and Lando even enlisted approval from Andreas to get the three days to ourselves. Thankfully, Daniel got his sim hours in before Zandvoort which helped out a lot.

"You know that's not going to happen." I huff, sending him a flat look and reaching out to brush my fingers against the stubble of his jaw. He's just delicious even when he's not trying, even when he's tired and socially drained after a race day he's the most gorgeous person on earth. I press my lips to his cheek softly feeling the skin shift into a grin under my touch.

When I pull away to look at him my thought is confirmed, Daniel is smiling at me softly. My heart flutters at the thought that not only do I make him happy (maybe not quite as happy as he makes me) but also I know him well enough to know what his reaction would be. I suppose he smiles at most things though.

"You feeling better?" He asks, fingers dancing over my forehead, the contact of his warm fingers against my temples making me sigh in relief. Painkillers can only do so much, I think I've hid it well but this hangover has silently been murdering me in the back of the mclaren garage all day.

"Yeah, just remind me never to trust Carla when she says 'one more' ever again." My words are quiet but it's only Daniel and I. I'd hate to wake either of the sleeping men not far from us.

"I don't know how George keeps up with her." Daniel says, it's more to himself than anyone else I think. The amazement in his voice makes me giggle pathetically, pressing a hand to my forehead remembering the splitting pain that lived there this morning. Thankfully it's eased a little through the day.

"I don't think he does." I hum still running my hand against the stubble of his chin. I fall down a little in my seat, my hand still staying on Daniel, the skin of my arm tighten a little uncomfortably. My eyes shoot open with the feeling. Remembering.

I clear my throat, straightening in my seat suddenly. Daniel makes a small huff since I'm no longer pressed into his side and instead grabs for my hand as a grin rises on my features. It's teasing as he watches me with cautious eyes. "I have a secret I'll spill if you answer my question." I'm sure there'll be mischief dancing in my eyes with the fast words.

Daniel is slow to take them in. His tongue darts out of his mouth, skimming his plump bottom lip as he cocks an eyebrow at me in that way that only he can manage making my heart flutter. "A secret?" The words sound foreign on his lips. "Do we still have those?"  He flirts and I almost catch my cheeks turning pink.