42

The Cullen family were sat in the living room, most of the witnesses had gone hunting in another area.

They were discussing tactics that the Volturi might use.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try take me out first, since I can anticipate their moves." Edward stated, and Carlisle nodded in agreement.

"They'll try go for Aimee aswell, if Aro has learnt about her invisibility power, he'll want to take her out." Jasper added, his face set in a grimace at the thought.

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garrett said, looking down at Bella with envy.

"Doesn't help me fight, though." She replied, chewing at her lip with her teeth.

"No, but you could help the rest of us, if you projected it." Tanya suggested, and Bella looked up at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"She means that you could learn how to shield someone other than yourself." Aimee explained, and Bella stood up straight.

"Is that possible?" Bella questioned, and Carlisle nodded.

"Gifts can be developed over time." He told her, and everyone nodded.

"At first, mine was just in my palms, now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate said, her voice quiet but firm.

"How do you do it?" Bella demanded, and Kate sighed, "Tell me." Bella grabbed her hand tightly, a smile on her face.

Kate looked down at her hand, "Ow."

"I'd be careful asking her for lessons, she's intense." Aimee said with a smile, and Kate stuck her tongue out at her.

"It's true, she wanted Aimee to lift me up using her power, I ended up getting shocked." Jasper added, and Kate laughed.

"It worked, didn't it?" She asked with a grin, and Aimee reluctantly agreed with her.

They all then headed outside, making their way into a clearing. Kate and Bella stood in the middle, the rest of the Cullens and Denalis watching them from the sidelines.

Jasper took Aimee by the waist and held her to his chest, she smiled and leant against him, watching the two women in front of her.

"You need to visualise it, see how it moves, what colour it is." Kate said, and Bella closed her eyes, "Now picture it expanding, will it to go beyond you."

A haze grew around Bella, and reached forward slightly but it drew back away, making Bella straighten.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate said with a smirk, and Aimee tried walking forward, but she was caught in Jasper's arms.

"Jaz, I don't want her to take it too far this time." She whispered, and Jasper stroked her hip with his thumb.

"She won't." He assured her, and Aimee rose her eyebrows as she watched Edward step up.

"No." Bella immediately said, shaking her head.

"It's alright, I can take it." Edward calmed her down.

"I bet he can't take it." Aimee whispered in Jasper's ear, and he smiled slightly. Edward glared playfully in Aimee's direction before looking back at Bella.

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett grinned, wanting to see how this plays out.

Kate reached out her hand, about to touch Edward's wrist.

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet!" Bella exclaimed, but it was too late. Edward was brought onto his knees, shaking from Kate's power.

"I'm sorry, I said that I wasn't ready." Bella apologised, but Edward shook his head.

"You're not motivating her very well, Edwardo." Aimee added, and Edward looked at her with a straight face.

"You want to try?" He asked, standing back up again.

She put her hands up, "I'm good."

He got back in position, and Bella scrunched her face in concentration, the haze growing back and extending towards him. But Kate grabbed his neck and he went back down again, yelling in pain.

"Kate!" Bella begged, staring at Edward.

"You seem to lack incentive. Should I go see if Renesmee's awake?" Kate asked, and Aimee stared at her.

"I think you may be taking this a little far." She said, feeling uneasy.

"Are you crazy?" Bella added, stepping towards her, her eyes aflame.

"Fine," Kate said, deadpanned, "this one is on full power."

Edward practically whimpered and looked at Bella, widening his eyes.

Aimee did have to admit that it did look a little funny.

He closed his eyes and braced himself for the pain, and Kate reached out slowly. But when she touched his skin, nothing happened. Edward's eyes slowly opened as he stared in awe, "It only hurts slightly, I can't feel it."

Aimee grinned, patting Jasper's hands that were still holding on to her.

Bella smiled, "Again."

Aimee smiled and took Jasper's hand, leading him back to their house in the woods, away from the other vampires.

"How are you doing?" She asked him quietly, holding his hand tighter when Jasper gave her a grim smile.

"Having so many vampires in one place makes me... uneasy. We have such heightened emotions." He replied, opening the door to their house. Aimee breathed a sigh as she fell back onto the sofa. Jasper smiled as he settled down next to her.

"It'll all be over soon. Then we can forget about everything and shut ourselves in our home for god knows how long." Aimee smirked, tracing shapes on Jasper's chest.

"Yeah?" He asked, his golden eyes bright with anticipation.

"Yeah." She whispered, leaning up to capture his lips, her hand weaving through his hair. Jasper pulled her over his lap, running his hands down her hips.

Aimee then pulled away and placed kisses over his neck and moved down his body, Jasper took an unnecessary sharp breath as he held her hair between his fingers.

Her fingers stopped at his belt, and she looked at him with the question in her eyes, and he nodded. Her gaze turned playful as she undid the belt buckle, and what happened next made Jasper forget everything, only seeming to remember her name.