19

It was raining heavily outside, the sky was dark and the wind picked up rapidly. Aimee sat on the sofa and peered out the window, watching the trees thrash around. The sofa dipped beside her and she smiled.

Jasper's lips kissed her temple gently and his arms grabbed her hips, pulling the girl into his lap.

"You're obsessed with me." She whispered, turning her head to watch the rain.

"Am not." Jasper said quickly, his head turning to also look out of the window.

"Can we go outside?"

"I thought you hated the rain." He mumbled quietly, looking down at her.

"Yeah, well it looks cool." She said, standing up and pulling away from him. Aimee started walking away and heard Jasper get up quickly and speed towards her, close on her heels.

"Wait for me." He mumbled, taking her hand and walking beside her.

"See, obsessed." She teased, Jasper smiled as he opened the front door and they walked out into the rain. Edward and Alice were at school, they were still seniors. Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie all graduated last year, clearly Aimee couldn't because everyone at school thinks she's moved away.

Jasper pulled her forward and they both stared up the sky, getting drenched with rain.

"It's so much better as a vampire." Aimee admitted, closing her eyes and feeling the rain hit her face. Jasper stayed silent and Aimee opened her eyes, peeking at him. He was looking at Aimee's face with a smile, his golden eyes softened.

"Dance with me, cowboy." She took his hand and pulled him close.

"As you wish, ma'am." Jasper drawled out, his accent thickening. He held her arm up and twirled her slowly, she laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, his arms going around his mate's waist.

She leaned her head on his chest and sighed contently, Jasper rested his chin on her head. Aimee looked up and he stared into her eyes, it was like the world disappeared. It was scary, having so much love for one person, like if you didn't have that one person, it felt like dying.

Aimee leaned up and captured his lips with hers, he quickly responded and rested his hand on her cheek, kissing her slowly. The rain dripped down their faces, but they just ignored it.

The girl pushed him backwards until he backed up into a tree, the tree groaned by how hard she had pushed him up against it, she giggled at herself. A growl erupted from his chest and he picked her up and turned them around, so he now pinned her up against the tree.

His lips were desperate, the rain drenched his hair as she ran my fingers through his curly locks. His hips pushed into hers and she jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist. Jasper groaned and pulled away, resting his forehead on hers.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked, her fingers still tangled in his hair.

"Do you really want to do this up against a tree in the rain?" He asked sarcastically, raising his eyebrows at his mate, she grinned and was about to answer. But then she really thought about it then nodded, "For once, you're right." She teased, and Jasper frowned.

"For once?" He asked, pulling her away from the tree but still holding her in his arms, like she weighed of nothing. Aimee didn't say anything, but just gave him a look, "Carry me into the house, cowboy."

"Yes, ma'am." He obeyed, striding towards the house and pushing the door open, both of them sending droplets of rain everywhere.

"Esme won't be very happy with us." Aimee looked around them to see all the droplets. Jasper smiled and then sped through the house, taking her to their room.

"Go have a shower and dry off, I'll clean up the mess." Jasper kissed her temple and turned away.

"Are you not gonna join me?" She asked, looking over her shoulder, grinning as Jasper tensed, his eyes were definitely pitch black.

"Not today, I've already had to resist you once. I don't think I can do it again." Jasper said lowly, speed-walking out of the room.

Aimee laughed and went into the bathroom. A couple hours later, both of them were dry, they were watching a show when Alice come home, Edward was probably dropping off Bella. She walked into the room with a worried look, "I had a vision of Victoria, she's going to be here soon for Bella."

The couple both looked up from the screen, and stared at Alice in worry. Victoria was making things very difficult. "Edward is going to make Bella use the airline ticket Carlisle and Esme bought her, she'll be safe." Alice finished.

Aimee looked at Jasper, he seemed to be planning in his mind. "Where will she be?" She asked, walking closer to Alice, wringing her hands.

"In the forest, I'll get the location soon but..."

"Alice, it'll be okay. Bella will be safe and we'll try get Victoria." Aimee reassured her, Alice nodded and she rubbed her arm gently. Aimee would do whatever it takes to get Victoria out of the picture. Edward then walked in with Carlisle and Emmett, Rosalie and Esme soon following them. They all stood around, looking tense.

"Bella's going to see her mother, but she's asked me to use the companion ticket." Edward started, his hands in his pockets, looking sheepish.

"You're the fastest one here." Aimee argued, the Cullens looked slightly annoyed at Edward, but he couldn't be swayed.

"My main concern is Bella." Edward hissed, turning away, Aimee scoffed and rolled her eyes at him. Surely, the main concern is taking out the threat, so Bella would be safe.

"Edward, we need all the help we can get." Carlisle tried to persuade Edward, but the bronze-haired vampire shook his head, mumbling about Bella.

Aimee sighed heavily and shook her head in disbelief, "If you want Bella safe, surely the best thing to do is take out the biggest threat against her."

Emmett and Rosalie both agreed, despite Rose's dislike of the human. Jasper voiced his agreements, having the most military-versed mind in the family.

"She needs m-" Edward tried to say.

"Whatever, we'll just do it ourselves." Aimee said, Edward scoffed and walked away.

"I want to see them two getting in a fight." Emmett teased, rubbing his palms together.

"I bet Aimee will win." Rosalie smiled, the rest of the Cullens voiced their agreements.

"You hear that, Edward!" Aimee yelled with a smile, the Cullens laughed and they tried to relax, Emmett and her getting competitive about a video game they were playing. Jasper, Alice and Rose all cheered Aimee on whilst Carlisle and Esme watched in amusement and Emmett rage-quitted the game and went outside to punch a tree.

Aimee smiled but her mind kept plaguing her with thoughts, Victoria was dangerous, she knew, but something worse was coming. Not the Volturi, they were waiting for Bella to transition to a vampire.

Jasper frowned at her in concern, "Are you alright?" Aimee turned to him and smiled, nodding as she cuddled up to him.