06

As time slowly passed by, Aimee was at the Cullen household almost everyday; looking at fashion magazines with Alice and Rosalie, playing video games with Emmett, cooking with Esme and just talking with Jasper. She had spoken to Bella Swan a few times, Edward didn't talk to Aimee that much. He was too busy being intense with Bella to really have a proper conversation.

"Stop throwing mushrooms at me!" Emmett yelled, chucking one back at Aimee. She laughed at his annoyance, throwing another one at his face. He picked up a knife and held it in the air, doing stabbing motions.

Aimee chuckled again, but the vampire next to her didn't find it funny. Jasper glared at him and stood in between Aimee and Emmett.

"I'm not actually going to stab her." Emmett grinned, Jasper just shook his head as Aimee carried on chopping the mushrooms. A sharp pain sparked on her finger and blood pooled down her fingertip. Jasper stiffened, Emmett's eyes shot from the blood to Jasper.

"Shit, I'll go deal with..." Aimee looked up to see Jasper's eyes had darkened to a coal-black, and she stepped backwards, hitting the kitchen counter.

His hands shot out to grasp the counter before him, crushing it instantly. Aimee flinched as the marble crumbled to the floor. Jasper shook from the effort of trying to control himself, he didn't want to hurt her, but he was still finding it hard to control his bloodlust. Emmett dropped the knife and grabbed Jasper's arm, pulling him away.

"What's wrong with him?" Aimee asked, wiping the blood on a cloth before walking forward.

"I'd stay back, if I were you." Emmett warned, holding onto Jasper's arm tightly, feeling him inch forward slightly.

Carlisle then quickly walked into the room, sensing that something had went wrong. He saw Jasper's pitch black eyes and recognized Aimee's scent of blood in the air. The doctor nodded at Emmett, who dragged Jasper's tense body away, leaving Aimee confused.

"What are you guys?" She asked, taking hold of the knife and pointing it at Carlisle, who held up his hands, trying to show that he wasn't a danger to the human girl.

"Let's sit down, I'll explain it all to you." Aimee looked at him in suspicion, but nodded slowly walking to where Carlisle sat down. She still held on to the knife, keeping it with her. Carlisle's eyes moved away from the knife to look at Aimee.

"It may come as a shock, but my family and I aren't human. Well, we were, but... we're vampires." Carlisle admitted, watching Aimee's head tilt in confusion, she didn't look scared at all. "Some of us have gifts; Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future, Jasper is an empath."

"Is that why guys don't eat anything? The freaky gold eyes? Which are really cool by the way." Aimee replied, watching the vampire smile in amusement at her reaction.

He knew that she wouldn't be terrified, in fact, it was Jasper that was adamant to tell her. He didn't want her to think he was a monster.

"We feed off animals, which causes the unnatural eye color. Jasper is the newest one to the diet, he finds it a little difficult sometimes." Carlisle explained, Aimee's face fell.

"If I knew that, I would've been more careful. Why didn't he tell me?" She asked, standing up and completely forgetting about the knife, it fell from her lap and was aiming for her foot, but it was quickly caught by Carlisle. "Damn, that was impressive." She grinned at him, before walking out the room to find Jasper.

She searched until she found him in his room, on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands.

"Jaz, why didn't you tell me you're basically BTEC Superman?" Aimee began, smiling as she flopped down next to him on the bed. Jasper had heard her reaction when Carlisle told her, how she was more in awe rather than feeling scared.

He should've been happy, but he wasn't. The fact that he almost hurt her kept running through his mind. Jasper didn't react to her, he was still frozen.

"Don't ignore me, you probably have super hearing or something like that." She muttered, poking his face softly. Jasper looked up from his hands to stare at her, his eyes had lightened slightly to a gold, but anxiousness filled them.

"I could've hurt you, or worse. I thought I was able to control myself around you, but clearly I still can't." He whispered to himself, shifting himself away from her on the bed. Aimee frowned and shook her head.

"Carlisle told me you're the newest to the animal diet, it's okay to make mistakes-"

"I can't afford to make mistakes around you." He interrupted, standing up and walking further away from her. Aimee watched as he started pacing, running his hands through his hair.

"Maybe it's best if we stopped seeing each-"

This time, Aimee interrupted him, "Well that's a stupid idea. Who would beat Emmett at Mario Kart?"

Jasper tried not to smile, so he settled for a grimace. Aimee stood up and broke the distance between them, "I don't care if you're a vampire. You're not a monster." She whispered, moving a curl out of his face. Jasper stood still as she walked closer, his eyes tracing her movements.

"I don't want to hurt you." He mumbled, gently moving her hand away from his face. Aimee batted his hand away and smiled.

"You could never hurt me."

She then leaned upwards and claimed his lips, feeling the coldness of them. Surprisingly, they weren't as hard as she thought they were. Jasper froze as her lips touched his, but then he closed his eyes and kissed her back.

Laying his hand on her cheek gently as he pulled her closer. Aimee pulled away to take a breather, Jasper had forgotten that humans needed to breathe.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, he pulled her closer by wrapping his arms around her waist. Jasper tried to relax, trying to calm down with her being so close. Like this. He looked down at her and smiled slightly.

"You're now obsessed with me." Aimee said with a smirk, Jasper scoffed and shook his head, too stubborn to admit it. "I'll get you to admit it, just you wait." She added, pulling away from his grip. Jasper frowned at the loss of contact, Aimee saw and her eyebrows rose.

Jasper rolled his eyes.

"I'm not obsessed with you."
"You are."
"I'm not."
"You are."
"I'm not."
"You are."

"You're both obsessed with each other, now shut up, we're trying to watch Gossip Girl!" Emmett yelled, making the pair snicker.

Jasper grabbed Aimee's hand and rubbed her knuckles, making her look up at him. His fingers slid over her pulse in her wrist. She watched him, a smile growing on her face.

"So what are we?" The question came out of her mouth, making Jasper meet her eyes. He didn't speak for a few seconds, trying to think of an answer.

"Together?" He said in confusion, thinking that Aimee forgot about the moment between them that happened a minute ago.

"Well... you haven't asked me." She said, pulling her hand away from his, much to his aggravation.

"Will it make you happy?"

"Very."

"Aimee Adeline, will you be my girlfriend, pretty please?" He asked, Aimee scrunched her nose and tapped her chin.

"Hmm, let me think about this." She said, Jasper's eyes widened, feeling panic spread through his body. Aimee grinned and nodded, pecking him on the lips. She then poked his forehead, "Why so worried, couldn't you have just sensed my emotions?" She smirked.

Jasper instantly remembered that he could've just felt her emotions, he mentally facepalmed himself. "You're annoying." He said, pulling her out of his room and down the stairs, Aimee grinned.

"And you love it." She answered, they both laughed as they walked into the living room. Alice and Rosalie were smiling, Emmett looked annoyed because his episode of Gossip Girl was being disturbed.

"Glad you're now a happy couple, finally! Can you all shush now." He ordered, they all laughed at him.

Aimee and Jasper settled down on another couch, she rested her head on his shoulder. The honey-blonde vampire looked down at her and smiled in content, he didn't have anything to worry about anymore.