22

Over the next few days, Bella was hanging with Jacob so Edward could hunt. He was spending most of his time with Bella, so he didn't have much time to feed.

The rest of the vampires were following the shifts at night, finding enough time to hunt. Right now, Aimee was practicing her new power with Jasper and Carlisle.

"Try going from where you're stood to the other side of the clearing." Carlisle remarked, stood in front of her with his arms crossed.

Jasper was stood beside him and was helping her, telling his mate when to focus and controlling her emotions if they were too hard to handle.

"Alright." Aimee nodded and tried to focus on her body and the location. She closed her eyes and felt the lightness return to her body. The girl opened her eyes and saw Carlisle and Jasper from a distance, smiling widely.

She laughed in wonder, "It's like apparition in Harry Potter." Both men were confused. "Come on, you've lived so many years and you've never read Harry Potter?" She asked in disbelief, both of them shook their heads and Aimee gasped.

"I don't think I can hang out with you anymore, Jaz." Jasper's eyes widened and he started rambling, "I'll read it! Just give me a couple days-"

Aimee burst out laughing, "I'm joking, Jaz." she said, watching as he calmed down. Carlisle grinned.

"I'll leave you to it now, I'll do some more research on having more than one ability." He said, smiling at the couple and stalking back into the house. Aimee bumped into Jasper's hip and he looked down at his mate.

"What?"

"I can't believe you've never read it, have you watched the films?" She asked, Jasper shook his head. "One day, we'll have a marathon."

"Why will we be running?" He asked, perplexed as he gazed down at Aimee.

"I-... I need to educate you, babe." She patted his chest and walked into the house, Jasper followed closely. That afternoon, they were sat around watching the news. Jasper's arm was around Aimee's shoulders as they watched.

The number of murders and disappearances in Seattle were increasing, Bella and Edward walked in, looking at the TV. Carlisle turned it off, "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more." Jasper said, his southern accent thickening, "And they're undisciplined, conspicuous." He finished, tucking Aimee closer to him.

"It's newborns." Edward murmured.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked, Aimee nodded.

"It's the first few months after we change." Edward explained.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst." Jasper said quietly, having had experience with them.

"Which is why I stayed away from you after changing, the thirst was horrible." Aimee added, Jasper rubbed her shoulder, understanding her.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett grinned, Aimee beamed back, but none of the others looked too happy.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper remarked, looking at Carlisle.

"Someone's creating an army." The blonde vampire said worriedly.

"Now we're definitely going to Seattle." Emmett jumped up excitedly.

"They've been created to fight someone." Aimee said, Jasper nodded.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward mumbled, frowning.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they let it go on this long." Carlisle leant on his hands.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants Alice, Aimee and I to join him." Jasper tensed and held his mate tighter. "He knows we'll never choose him as long as our family still lives." Edward finished.

"An army can solve that for him." Jasper bit out, his eyes holding fury.

They all discussed it further until Bella went home, Carlisle went to his office and Emmett went to hunt with Rosalie. Alice danced into the room and settled herself down beside Aimee, smiling.

"About the graduation party." She began.

"I don't think I can be there." Aimee interrupted, Alice's face dropped. "Why not?" She asked.

"There will be a lot of people and I just don't trust myself." She explained, feeling guilty.

"I think I'll keep my distance as well, keep Aimee company." Jasper said, Alice nodded and rambled on to Jasper's mate about the music and food. Aimee caught Jasper's eye and he smiled, slinking out of the room and leaving her.

Later that night, Edward arrived angrily with Bella's hand injured. Emmett, Jasper and Aimee stood around as Carlisle tended to it. "Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Emmett teased, Aimee laughed quietly.

"I punched a werewolf in the face." Bella said.

"Badass. You're gonna be one tough little newborn." Emmett grinned.

"Tough enough to take you on." Bella smiled back.

Rosalie glared up from her newspaper and threw it down, walking out of the room. An awkward silence filled the room. "Don't worry about it." Emmett reassured Bella.

"Rosalie has a difficult time in the past." Aimee explained, Rose's story still hurt everyone, it was a tough topic. Bella nodded, and Aimee's eyed filled with un-shed tears.

"Got any leads." Edward asked Jasper.

"No sign of the intruder. But Victoria continues to make appearances." Jasper explained, he wrapped an arm around Aimee's shoulders, sensing her sadness.

Bella walked outside onto the balcony, where Rose was.

"We'll find the intruder." Carlisle reassured, taking away his medical equipment.

Aimee nodded and watched him leave, turning to Jasper. He took her into his arms, not saying anything.

"Who wants to watch me beat Emmett at Mario karts again?" She asked, smiling at Emmett's face.

"Me." Jasper and Edward said, Emmett scoffed and they all sped to the living room.

"I'm not losing this time." Emmett said, determined

"You so totally are." She replied, feeling Jasper kiss her temple as the game started.