05

Two weeks later, Aimee had settled down into her new life. She was used to the town, the weather, the people. The term 'new girl', had disappeared and she now blended with the rest of the students. Well, as much as she could, since she only hung out with the Cullens.

They had all gotten closer, she had gone on shopping trips with Alice and Rosalie, even going on a hike with their whole family, including Carlisle and Esme.

After this school day had ended, she would be going to their house for the first time, as she had never been before. Jasper and her were walking out of their last class and their hands brushed against each other's lightly, both aware of the small touch.

Neither acted on it. but both wanted to. Badly. Jasper was slowly losing his mind, wanting to openly show his love, but he couldn't. He could fully admit it that he was head over heels for the girl, it didn't take long. He could also feel the love and joy radiating off of her, but still he didn't act.

Aimee was also crazy about Jasper, but was too nervous to say anything. She had the idea in her head that he would reject her, he could never like anyone like her. Alice and Rosalie were constantly trying to get her to admit her feelings, telling her that Jasper constantly talked about her, he would never shut up.

Aimee would always shake her head and change the subject, causing both girls to want to tear their hair out. It was as clear as day that they were in love, everyone saw it except themselves.

So now, as they were walking side-by-side, Jasper took a leap and grabbed her hand gently, interlocking their fingers. Aimee glanced down at their hands, feeling a blush spread across her cheeks. But she didn't pull away, they both loved the feeling of sparks erupting from their touch.

If anything, she held his hand tighter as they walked to Emmett's jeep. Alice and Rose were practically jumping at each other, Rose punching Emmett's shoulder, then Emmett complained that it hurt.

Alice grinned, "Hey, lovebirds!" She chirped, hopping into the car, winking at the pair. Jasper smiled slightly and pulled Aimee into the car, and soon they were off to the Cullen household. Emmett grinned at the rearview mirror, catching Aimee's eyes. He sped down the roads until they drove through a forested area.

"Nervous?"

"No, why would I be?" She asked, staring at Jasper in confusion, he just shook his head and took her hand in his again, wanting to be close. Aimee gazed up at Jasper, who stared down at her, their pupils widening.

Rosalie cleared her throat, causing both to look away, Alice and Rosalie grinned. Aimee looked around at the dense forest, "You're not taking me to an isolated area to murder me, are you?" She questioned, Emmett laughed darkly and turned into a driveway, revealing one of the prettiest houses Aimee had seen.

"Never mind. Can I move in with you guys?" She joked, staring up at the house when Jasper got out the car and she got out, he closed the door behind her.

"One day." Alice muttered, Jasper narrowed his eyes at Alice, he hadn't told Aimee their secret yet, he wasn't sure how she would react. Aimee was oblivious to this small interaction as she followed Rosalie and Emmett up the steps, Edward was brooding over Bella somewhere, he had saved her from the car, but hadn't spoken to her since.

They all walked through the front door to smell the aroma of food, coming from the kitchen. Going into the kitchen, they saw Esme turn around with a delightful smile on her face, she pulled away from the stove and gave Aimee a quick hug.

"I thought you'd be hungry, so I've put some hash browns in the oven."

Aimee practically jumped for joy, the Cullen family had discovered Aimee's intense love for hash browns on the hiking trip, she would not shut up about them, somehow getting into a debate about them with Emmett.

Jasper grinned at her excitement, "Don't go too crazy, you'll trip over thin air again."

"That was one time!" She exclaimed, shoving Jasper's rock hard shoulder. He poked her her cheek and she shoved his arm away, exasperated. He loved getting on her nerves, it meant she would give him attention.

"And one time is enough, you'll end up breaking your arm or something." He muttered, watching Rose, Alice and Emmett grin before giving the excuse that they needed to get their homework done.

Esme got the hash browns out the oven and set them on a plate, quickly leaving the pair alone to bicker playfully. Aimee moved the plate to the table and she sat down, Jasper quickly sat down next to her.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Aimee grinned wickedly, Jasper wasn't too sure but he nodded anyway, wanting to keep her happy. She laughed and bit a hash brown, her face in pure content as she swallowed it.

"Truth or dare?" She asked.

"Truth."

She rolled her eyes, "Boring! Who is your favorite person in the whole world?"

"You."

The answer was immediate, no hesitation. Aimee smiled before waiting for him to ask the question. "Truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss me." He said it before he even realised it, and he almost regretted, but he felt hope as Aimee grinned.

"Alright." She murmured, leaning in slowly. If his heart could beat, it would be thumping erratically right now. Their faces were closer, and Aimee saw his pupils expanding, his whole body frozen. Her lips hovered over his own, before she quickly planted a quick kiss on his cheek. Jasper frowned as Aimee laughed at his confused face.

"I dared you to kiss me." He said, desperate to feel her lips against hit. Aimee shrugged and pushed his face away.

"You didn't say where." She shot back, cackling as Jasper visibly grew more annoyed at his careless words. Aimee then stopped laughing and tenderly grabbed his chin, making him look at her. "I didn't want our first kiss to be a dare." She whispered, before pulling away and eating her hash browns.

Jasper nodded wordlessly and stared at his mate, bewildered and fascinated with her at the same time. She was unpredictable, and that made Jasper want to take risks, be unpredictable himself.

Usually, he was controlled and contained, but being around Aimee made him want to act more freely, more willful and happy. He had no idea why he had been so concerned about her walking into his life, she was the best thing that had ever happened to him.