15

"Again!" Kate ordered, Aimee rolled her eyes and looked at the tree. Kate wanted her to pull the tree from its roots. It had been several weeks since they discovered her gift, she'd been training it ever since then.

Edward looked even worse, his face looked sunken, drained of life.

Jasper, Eleazar and Emmett were watching the two women; Alice, Carlisle and Esme had all gone to Seattle for a bit. They should be coming back today.

"You're not very good." Emmett teased, folding his arms and grinning.

"I'll throw this tree at you." Aimee hissed, concentrating on the roots of the tree and imagined pulling them.

"That's if you even pull the tree out." Emmett said, she glared at him as anger flared through her chest. The tree suddenly pulled up from its roots and Kate grinned, but her face fell as Aimee directed the tree in Emmett's direction.

She raised an eyebrow at him and he vanished, going back into the house. Kate and Aimee laughed, the latter focusing to set the tree down with a thump, the leaves falling everywhere.

"Good. That was slightly better." Kate remarked, Aimee looked at her. "Slightly?"

Kate shrugged, "Do it again."

"The trees don't deserve this, can't I try it on something else." She complained, Eleazar smiled.

"Why don't you try it on one of us?" He tried, Aimee tilted my head.

"Why don't you try it on Jasper, I'll shock him if you don't lift him in the air." Kate said, wriggling her hands and strolling over to Jasper.

Aimee gaped, "Are you insane?"

"Yes." She replied, readying her hand.

"I didn't agree to this." Jasper said, sending scared eyes Aimee's way.

"Shush, golden retriever." Kate instructed, "She needs something to motivate her."

Aimee sighed, "Only one time, after that we're stopping."

Kate's eyes sparkled and she nodded.

Aimee looked at Jasper and tried to focus on the air around him, and then himself. He lifted up from the ground but then dropped suddenly, Kate pressed her hand on his wrist and Aimee's mate dropped to his knees.

"Alright! Stop." The girl begged, watching as Jasper struggled to get up.

"Try again." She ordered.

Aimee snarled, Jasper got up and nodded, "Just try one more time, darlin'."

She sighed and focused on him once again, Kate's hand hovered over his wrist again and she became desperate. Jasper lifted up in the air and stayed there, slowly rising higher and higher.

Kate grinned and backed away, watching as the girl set Jasper down gently.

"Good job, same time tomorrow." She said, walking back in the house. Eleazar smiled and bowed his head, turning away to walk into the house.

"Jaz, I'm sorry. I didn't think she'd actually shock you." Aimee rambled, running over to him.

"It was only one shock. Besides, you did it." He replied, taking her face in his hands and placing his forehead on hers.

"I'll never let her do that again." She whispered, Jasper smiled.

"It's nice to see how much you care about me." He smirked.

Aimee smacked his chest and laughed, "Don't be so surprised." She then sighed, "It's impossible but my brain hurts from all that, I just want to chill out."