28

The Cullens and Bella all went back to the house to clean up after the battle, Jasper was especially keen. "You have his scent on you." He hissed, pushing Aimee gently towards the bathroom.

He meant Alec's scent.

Aimee learnt that vampires could be very territorial over stuff like that. Alec had clearly crossed the line, Jasper's eyes had stayed dark the whole time Alec had touched his wife.

Aimee got in the shower and got rid of his scent, making Jasper calmer, he buried his face in her neck and kissed the spot where Alec's lips had touched, like he was erasing the memory of his touch.

"I wanted to kill him." He whispered, his voice hard.

"I know." Aimee replied, hugging him close.

"I'm sorry if I'm being too much, I could've lost you." He said, pulling away.

"I'm still here, there's no point regretting anything from the past." Aimee stroked his honey-blonde curls and heard Carlisle enter the house.

They both left their room and found him in his office. "How is he?" Aimee asked, watching as Carlisle was preparing a drip.

"He'll be alright, I just need to set up a drip for morphine, his temperature is burning through it quicker than normal." He explained, then they all heard squealing from the living room.

Aimee sped into the room to see Alice practically hanging off of Edward, who was smiling.

"Aimee! We have to plan a wedding!" Alice shrieked, speeding towards Aimee and taking her hands.

"Who's?" She asked, a bit intimidated by Alice's excitable energy.

"Bella and Edward's!" She chirped, pulling Aimee into her room and getting out a box of wedding magazines.

"I see you like planning weddings." Aimee remarked, grinning, there was a lot of magazines.

"It's my guilty pleasure," she said, "I couldn't go all out on yours, but your wedding was perfect." She smiled warmly, Aimee did too, remembering the perfect night.

"Alright, let's plan a wedding! Rose!" Aimee yelled, making Alice's grin widen. Rosalie sped into the room, looking flawless as always.

"You may not like Bella, but we need your opinion!" Aimee said, Rose smirked and lay beside Alice and Aimee on the bed, kicking off her shoes.

They were all in a line, Rose, Aimee and Alice, reading wedding magazines and pointing out things they liked.

Jasper, Emmett and Edward all walked into the room with smirks on their faces, looking at the girls.

"So Bella isn't planning her own wedding?" Emmett grinned, looking down at them.

"She'll get to have an opinion..." Alice said, distracted by the page she was reading.

"I'll rein her in," Aimee winked at Edward, "don't worry, Edwardo.". Jasper said nothing, just watching his wife with a soft look in his gaze.

"No one can rein Alice in." Emmett joked, sitting down on Alice's couch, making himself comfortable.

"Try me." Aimee shot back, glaring playfully at Emmett. Alice's eyes went vacant, "You'll fail."

Emmett barked out a laugh and Jasper chuckled as Aimee gasped. Alice patted her shoulder and went back to reading, Aimee turned to Rosalie, who was smiling.

"Alice will get her own way, and you know it." She said, both of them standing up and watching Alice.

"That's true..." Aimee said, feeling Jasper grab her hand. He squeezed it, then lifted it up to press a soft kiss on her palm.

"Hey, didn't someone mention that Rose and Emmett have had over ten weddings?" Aimee asked, looking at Alice.

"Yep, once I joined, I started planning them. They were all perfect." Alice said confidently, grinning at her siblings.

"Why get married so many times?" The girl asked with a laugh, Rose and Emmett both shrugged, Emmett's arms going around Rose.

"You should hear them on their wedding nights." Jasper muttered, smiling as he tugged Aimee into his chest.

Emmett roared with laughter and Rosalie slapped his chest, all of their adopted siblings watched in amusement.

"I'll see you guys later." Aimee said, they all nodded as she walked out the room, Jasper close on her heels. She walked into the kitchen to see Esme over the cooker, stirring something.

"What's cooking, Esme?" Aimee asked, flopping down on a chair.

"I'm just making Bella some pasta for when she gets back from the reservation." Esme answered.

"I miss pasta so much, food makes me regret becoming a vampire." Aimee said, Esme turned and laughed at her. Jasper chuckled but turned quiet, feeling guilty that he didn't get to his mate in time at that ballet studio.

"It's not your fault." She murmured, kissing his knuckles, Jasper nodded and his face lightened.

"I'll cook the pasta if you want, Esme. Go relax, you've had a long day." Aimee offered, standing up.

Esme turned around, "Are you sure?"

"Yep, Carlisle should be back any minute now." She said, Esme took her hand and squeezed it, smiling beautifully.

She walked off after giving Jasper a quick side-hug, leaving the couple in the kitchen. Aimee went over to the cooker and stirred the sauce, watching the steam rise.

Jasper came up behind her and kissed her neck, wrapping his arms around Aimee's waist.

"You're very distracting." She said, leaning back into his chest. "Good." He muttered, kissing her neck more.

Aimee moaned quietly but heard Bella's loud footsteps coming towards the kitchen. She entered the room and smiled awkwardly, Aimee turned around and smiled.

"Esme wanted you to eat when you got back."

Bella nodded and sat down, the pasta and sauce was finished so Aimee lay it out on the plate and served it to her.

"Thank you." She muttered, starting to eat.

"No problem." Aimee replied, standing back.

"Thank you, both of you, for fighting today." She added, looking up.

Aimee opened my mouth but no words came out.

"I know it wasn't easy for any of you, so the fact you guys did that for me means a lot."

Aimee smiled and nodded, Jasper nodding once at the human, Edward then came in. "You're not asking her any awkward questions are you, Aimee." He teased, sitting down beside Bella.

"No! Tell him, Jaz." Aimee ordered, her husband smirked.

"We were just leaving, goodnight." He bidded, pulling Aimee out of the room. She looked back to Edward and Bella, the female was smiling as Aimee flipped off Edward.

Jasper took her into the living room, no one was in there. He sat on the sofa and pulled her on his lap, both of them looking out of the window.

"A lot has happened in a short space of time." Aimee remarked, making Jasper look at her.

"It has, my life was never this exciting until I met you." Jasper said.

"What can I say, I'm great." Aimee laughed, Jasper chuckled and closed his eyes in content.

"I'm glad I met you, Aimee Adeline Hale."

"And I'm glad I met you, Jasper Whitlock Hale."