12

Aimee was aware of everything, and it was a rather boring three days, just staring at darkness. She heard Jasper talking to her throughout the days though, of how sorry he was, how he wished he was faster.

She needed him to know that it wasn't his fault.

Her eyes opened suddenly, and she was hit with a ray of sunlight, but it looked more detailed than normal. The crimson iris of her eyes stared at the ceiling, and she realised that she was different, changed.

Jasper was still sat next to the bed, holding her now-cold hand. He hadn't hunted, so his eyes had lost the golden hue, and were now the dark black.

His eyes went straight to her face, and his face spilt into a careful smile.

Aimee sat up, and looked around the room, her vision was so much better. Her eyes then settled on Jasper, and she grinned.

"Hey, Jazzy." She smiled, jumping up and wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him downwards.

He marveled at her strength, and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her back just as tight. He no longer had to worry about hurting her.

"Hey, darlin'." He whispered, pulling back, only just to quickly capture her lips in a kiss. He was desperate to feel her, after being in agony for three days, waiting for her to wake up

Aimee kissed him back, but then pulled away, remembering something.

"Jasper, it's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself for... this." She pleaded, rubbing his cheek with her thumb. Jasper grabbed her hand and kissed her palm.

"I should've gotten there sooner."

"I never should've left." Aimee replied, and Jasper frowned, remembering the moment when he realised she was gone.

He pulled her closer, placing his forehead on hers.

"You're never getting away from me again." He whispered, kissing the place under her ear. Aimee giggled, jerking away from him.

"Well, we've got a long time." Aimee said, wrapping her arms around his neck again, but then she pulled away. "Where are the others?"

"They're downstairs, they've been waiting for you." Jasper replied with a smile, grabbing her hand and then leading her out the room.

The pair went downstairs and into the living room, where the Cullen family were. Bella was still in hospital. Alice stood up quickly and tackled Aimee, grinning as they hugged closely.

Aimee wrapped her arms around the small vampire, then pulled away. She then hugged each vampire in turn, thanking each of them for helping her.

"Welcome to the family, Aimee." Carlisle grinned, his arm around Esme.

Aimee loved the sound of those words, and she smiled. But then her throat started to burn, and she looked at Jasper, he instantly realised it.

"We'll go hunting now, I should've taken you when you first woke up." Jasper said, taking Aimee's hand and leading her out the house.

"It's alright Jaz, I've only noticed it until now." Aimee squeezed his hand, as they stood in front of the house. She could hear everything, see everything in so much more detail.

She looked at Jasper for reassurance and he nodded, a smile on his face. Aimee then began to run, speeding through the forest. It was like time slowed down, but sped up at the same time.

Jasper sped beside her, grinning at her awe. They had stopped in a clearing, and Jasper stood in front of her. Aimee looked around, her red eyes curious.

"What can you sense?" Jasper said quietly, and Aimee focused, hearing the quiet snorts of a deer. Her eyes darkened, her thirst now overwhelming. Jasper nodded and Aimee stalked silently towards the animal.

But she stopped.

"Do I have to kill Bambi?" She whined quietly, her crimson eyes were sad as they watched the movements of the deer.

"It's hard, darlin', but you haven't got much choice, if you don't want to hurt humans." Jasper said, and Aimee nodded mournfully. She crouched down low and waited, until she pounced moments later.

She closed her eyes and ended it's life, sucking the blood dry. Once she was done, her head turned towards Jasper, who was watching her. He jumped out from behind the rock and landed in front of her, taking her in his arms.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, rubbing her ribs gently. Aimee watched as his eyes filled with tears that would never fall. She placed a hand on his cheek, and made him look at her.

"Don't be. It happened earlier then expected, but I don't blame you. Now we have forever together." She smiled, leaning in until their lips closed the small distance between them. Jasper's lips instantly responded, he was urgent for her touch.

Aimee then pulled away, "What about my mother?" Her face fell as tears filled her eyes. Aimee wouldn't be able to see her, say goodbye. She'd have no control over her thirst, and wouldn't for a very long time.

Jasper was still trying to control his thirst, and had been doing so for many years. But they could help each other now, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Whatever you want to do, we'll do it." Jasper tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, desperately wanting to make everything better for her. He would do anything it takes to make her happy.

"We could tell her." Aimee pointed out, "I can ask Carlisle to speak to her, he can tell her everything."

"We'd have to make sure she told no one else, and the Volturi must not know." Jasper told her, and Aimee tilted her head.

"The Volturi?"

"They're like the vampire kings; Aro, Caius, and Marcus. They've been in power for a very long time, and are quite powerful. If they found out your mother knows, they'll..."

"Kill her?" Aimee finished, and Jasper nodded. Aimee chewed her lip, feeling her fangs nipping on her flesh. "Perhaps we shouldn't tell her, it'll keep her more safe."

It killed her to say it, but Aimee didn't want ancient vampires going after her mother, saying nothing would be the best option. They'd have to make everyone believe she had moved away, which meant her mother had to leave.

*

Aimee and Jasper had spoken to Carlisle, and he could make arrangements at the hospital to transfer her mother to another place, far away from any of this. Aimee thanked him, and they said it could be done within the next week.

Aimee felt incredibly guilty, having to make her mother move away, just as they had both settled into Forks. Jasper had tried to help her emotions, but nothing could work. Now, the whole Cullen family were sat in the living room.

Edward hadn't left Bella's side, Aimee wouldn't be seeing Bella for a long time.

"So, how is it being one of the cool people now?" Emmett asked with a grin, his arm resting over Rosalie's shoulder. Aimee looked up at him with a playful glare.

"How does it feel to not be one of the cool people, Emmett?" Aimee asked and the Cullens all laughed, Emmett grumbling underneath his breath. Aimee nestled closed into Jasper's side, who was holding her close.

It would be a difficult change, but Aimee had people around her who were willing to help her. She was glad that she was apart of this family now, even if she was leaving one behind. She loved her mother, and that's what made her want to keep her mother safe.

She believed everything would be alright, but she missed her human-ness. The fact she could no longer sleep, or eat. It was a hard adjustment. But in the end, it would be alright.