36

The group had all hunted, and their eyes had all returned to the beautiful golden shade. They all met at the cliff, trying to hear the werewolves, but it was deadly silent.

"Where are they?" Aimee muttered, her eyes peering into the darkness.

"Bella's already gone into labour, they could already be at the house." Carlisle rushed out, and all of them jumped over the cliff and sped towards the house.

As they got closer, they could hear growls and snarls, the sounds of a fight had broken out. Aimee prayed that Bella was alright.

Emmett had rushed forward, shoving a wolf off of Edward, it crashed into the trees and whined. The three vampires soon arrived into the clearing, Aimee looked around wildly for Jasper.

He was pounced on by two wolves, but he had knocked them down, Aimee breathed a sigh of relief.

All of a sudden, she was knocked down and a wolf held her down, it's jaws snapping viciously. Aimee kicked out, and held the wolf away from her. In a split second, she ended up behind it, using her power, and pushed the wolf into the trees.

She sped beside Jasper, who had just punched a wolf, and then all the Cullens were backed into the clearing, surrounded by snarls.

Jasper stepped close to Aimee, his eyes dark with rage. But then Jacob landed in front of the Cullens, glaring at the pack he was once apart of.

"Stop! If you kill her, you kill me." He cried, but a wolf pounced forward and Jacob shifted in mid-air, snarling.

Aimee tilted her head, all of the Cullens were confused.

Jacob's wolf stood in front of Sam's black wolf, and all that could be heard was teeth snapping and growls.

"Jacob imprinted." Edward spoke, and everyone turned to look at him. "They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on cannot be harmed, it's their most absolute law."

Sam then turned away, leading the rest of his pack away. Their paws pounded on the floor as they ran, leaving the Cullens to stare at Jacob.

Jacob's wolf turned to face them, nothing was said.

"We should go check on Bella." Carlisle said, and everyone nodded.

Jasper turned to Aimee and hugged her, burying his head in her neck, checking her over.

"Are you alright?" He asked, holding her face between his hands, rubbing her cheek softly with his thumb.

"I'm okay." She answered, holding his wrists gently, "But we should go see Bella." Jasper nodded and held her hand tightly, both of them walking into the house. The scent of blood was thick, the metallic smell heavy.

They walked into the room where Bella lay, her body covered in bites and blood, her lifeless eyes staring into nothing.

"Is she-"

"I injected her with my venom, I don't know why she's so still." Edward explained, his black eyes full of guilt.

"It's the morphine." Carlisle added, and Aimee nodded in relief.

She walked closer to Bella, they hadn't been very close, but Aimee had grown to like her more. She gently closed Bella's eyes, to make it look like she was sleeping.

"We should clean her, I don't think she'll want to wake up like this when the transition is done." Aimee mentioned, and Alice nodded.

Soon enough, Aimee and Alice were washing the blood away from the bites, dressing Bella and brushing her hair. Once they were finished, it was dawn.

Leaving her, the pair went into the living room, where the rest of the Cullens were. Alice went to sit over by Robbie, Aimee went to Jasper.

She was yet to meet the baby, and had learned that her name was Renesmee. Looking at Rosalie, who was holding her, she could see the baby wrapped in a blanket.

Rose smiled at Aimee, and walked towards her, carefully handing her over to her. Aimee took her gently and smiled down at Renesmee, who looked at her with curious eyes.

"She doesn't look like a normal newborn, no offence." Aimee's eyes widened when she realised what she said, but the Cullens just laughed.

"She's already grown from within hours of her birth, it's fascinating." Carlisle explained, and Aimee nodded, looking back down at the baby.

Jasper's eyes softened as he watched his mate, the way she interacted with Renesmee. It made him guilty that he couldn't give this to her.

Aimee looked at Jasper with a smile, "Do you want to hold her?"

Jasper stuttered, but then Aimee carefully placed the baby in his arms, and he stiffened, not wanting to scare her.

Everyone chuckled at the sight, and Aimee grinned at him, wishing they could experience this with their own child. Jasper felt her emotions and looked at her, his eyes telling her everything.

Once Jasper handed the baby over to Edward, he sat down with Aimee and held her close.

*

Three days later, everyone had noticed a change in Bella. Her skin was no longer sickly, it had an angelic glow. Her hair was healthy, and her heart had stopped beating.

Once her heart stopped, everyone stilled.

Aimee looked at Jasper and smiled, she would finally wake up.

The vampire then looked towards Rosalie, who was holding Renesmee. She had grown more during the three days, to the shock of the Cullens.

It caused a slight worry about the future.

Everyone was silent as they stood, waiting for Bella to wake. Edward was impatient, shifting on his feet.

As several more seconds went by, and Bella's eyes bolted open, revealing the blood red irises of her eyes.