02

An alarm beeped annoyingly, breaking Aimee's thoughts from dreams and back into the realistic world. She muttered in anger, slamming her hand down on the button.

"Annoying piece of shit." She murmured, dragging herself away from her warm bed and wrapping her dressing gown around her, shoving her feet into slippers blindly, her eyes still closed from sleep.

She squinted and trailed down the kitchen, seeing her mom already dressed with a cup of coffee.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" She asked, handing Aimee some coffee, who happily took it before taking a sip.

"Horribly, a tree branch kept knocking against my window, I kept thinking it some creepy witch or something like that." She replied, looking through the cupboards until she found a pastry, she grinned and snatched it up, scoffing it down. Her mom gave her a judging look.

"You're like a wild animal." She said, cleaning out her mug.

Aimee howled like a wolf and finished the pastry, wiping away the crumb from her mouth. Her mom rolled her eyes, smiling at her daughter's antics.

"I'm off to the hospital now, have a good first day!" She yelled as she walked to the front door, Aimee replied and heard the door shut.

Aimee's mother was a surgeon, quite successful and took pride in her career. She always dedicated her time between her daughter and her work, and Aimee aspired to that. It was incredible.

The girl finished her coffee and she went upstairs to get ready, choosing her outfit. She wore some light-blue jeans with a black sweater tucked into them, she paired it with her black boots, giving her more height. She styled her hair into a simple bun, and left her face natural.

Aimee was running late somehow, as she spent a lot of time choosing her outfit. Groaning as she looked at the time, she ran out of the house and quickly locked the door; she had to walk today, her car was being dropped off soon, so she'd be able to drive around and not walk.

Aimee set on her way and prayed it wouldn't rain, she didn't want to look like a drowned on her first day. As she walked, she took the time to take in the scene, not many people were out at this time, they were either opening shops or going to work.

The streets were mainly quiet until Aimee got closer to the school, people her age started noticing her walking towards the parking lot.

She inwardly groaned as she walked through the maze of cars and people, seeing them stare and point at her. A pink hue lightened her cheeks but she stared ahead and focused on the entrance, trying not to fall over.

It was then that she noticed a group of the most perfect-looking people she had ever seen.

They were all well-dressed, and each looked like they were made by gods and goddesses, their appearance absolutely perfect. All of them stared at her, as the smallest one, Alice, had recently envisioned the girl being involved in their lives.

Mostly Jasper's life, who wasn't pleased, he didn't want to harm anyone. Getting close to a human would just be a disaster. It was he that stared at Aimee the longest, his eyes narrowing as her blue eyes met his gold ones. His cold, undead heart almost skipped a beat. The vampire felt an instant connection, as if there was a beam of bright light between the two.

"Jasper?" Rosalie's voice broke through the vampire's thoughts. Startled, he looked away from Aimee to look at his supposed-twin. She smirked.

Aimee bit her lip and made her way inside, leaving behind the group of vampires and getting her timetable from the receptionist.

Jasper's eyes followed her until she was out of sight, shocked at himself for his behavior. He was usually in control of his emotions, keeping his grip on them tight, but he let go as soon as he saw Aimee. He wasn't filled with bloodlust, like he usually was around humans; her blood didn't appeal to him that way, it filled him with comfort and excitement, and he had only seen her from a distance.

Alice grinned at her best friend, knowing exactly what he was feeling. The Cullen family all walked into the school and headed to their lessons, Jasper headed towards history and saw Aimee hovering in the hall.

A ball of excitement flipped in his stomach as he walked towards her, clearing his throat.

"Excuse me," he said "do you need help finding your class?"

Aimee's eyes met his and they gazed at each other for a few seconds before she came to her sensed, laughing nervously. She showed him her timetable and he leaned closer to her, towering over her small frame, scenting her blood more clearly. But it didn't affect him.

Jasper looked at her first class and smiled in delight, "You're in my history class, I can take you there if you'll allow me to?" He said politely, Aimee smiled and nodded.

"Please, I always hate new schools, navigating your way around them is so difficult." She said, Jasper chuckled quietly, leading Aimee to the history classroom.

"You'll find your way around soon enough, I can be your personal guide until then. I'm Jasper Hale, by the way." He offered, secretly hoping that she'd accept, Aimee smiled.

"Aimee Adeline," Jasper smiled at her, "if you don't mind, I wouldn't want to be a bother though." She muttered, but Jasper heard her clearly. He shook his head.

"You could never be a bother."

They walked into the class and the teacher greeted Aimee, telling her to pick any seat, he didn't really care. Aimee glanced around the room and saw an empty chair beside Jasper, she walked towards him and he smiled as she sat next to him. No one chose to sit next to him because they thought he was weird, the humans always mumbled about how he looked in pain all the time. Well, they wouldn't be smiling if they found out he was trying not to drain their bodies dry.

"You don't mind me sitting here?" Aimee asked, getting out her pens and paper, glancing at the honey-blonde vampire. Jasper was actually delighted that she had sat next to him, he regretted ever dreading to meet her.

"I don't mind. I'm a history expert, therefore you've chosen the best seat." Jasper smirked as Aimee giggled slightly, the sound filled him with joy, he wanted to bottle up her laugh and listen to it forever.

"Its bold of you to assume I need help with history." Aimee shot back, smirking as Jasper looked at her, he looked hesitant to say anything else.

"I-I didn't try to-"

"Relax, I'm joking." Aimee said bluntly, grinning at Jasper's relief. The teacher began the lesson, talking about the American Civil War, which Jasper knew a lot about. Much to Aimee's surprise, he really was a history expert.

Once the teacher had given them work to do, Aimee turned to Jasper and whispered, "I'm gonna have to start calling you cowboy."

Jasper frowned and looked at the girl in confusing, pausing his writing to question her.

"Why?"

"Because, you've got a Southern accent." She replied, before smirking and writing down an answer to another question. Jasper sat in confusion, he usually kept a hold on his accent, never letting it slip that much. Especially around humans, the students at this school would just freak out even more over the accent, and Jasper couldn't be bothered with it. So he was surprised that he'd let his guard down to easily around her, letting his accent slip into a heavy Southern twang.

Aimee looked up and saw Jasper looked annoyed at himself, she patted his forearm, and felt that it was as hard as stone and as cold as ice. "Don't worry, I love it." She reassured with a smile, Jasper calmed down and felt his mood lift. He found it strange how he'd only known this girl for about an hour and he felt comfortable.

"Would you like to join me and my family for lunch?"