26

Jasper, Edward, Bella and Aimee were walking across the field and towards Jacob. Who was shirtless.

Does he not own a shirt?

"I said that too." Edward grinned, Aimee smirked as Jasper and Bella just looked confused.

Jacob walked closer, "You're not fighting? Did you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob said, looking at Edward.

Aimee turned to him, "Why are you not-"

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella defended, Aimee looked at Jasper and he shrugged.

"Whatever. Just tell me the plan." Jacob said stonily.

Jasper looked at him, "This field will give us the advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent, but it needs to end here."

"Edward and I are going to a campsite. Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up on our scents." Bella added.

"Your stench, however, is revolting." Edward insulted, Aimee tried not to grin because she was still very annoyed at him.

"What he means is that your scent will mask mine if you carry me." Bella added tactfully.

"Done." Jacob replied.

"This is not a good idea." Edward complained.

"Edward, they won't want to get anywhere near his... odor." Jasper said, looking at Jacob with cold eyes.

"You know how revolting they smell." Aimee muttered, Jacob glaring at her. Jasper's eyes narrowed and he stared stonily at Jacob, until the werewolf stopped looking at his mate.

"Okay, let's just try it." Bella walked to Jacob, who picked her up. His face was triumphant, smirking at Edward.

"Eau de wolf coming up." Jacob joked.

"Run." Aimee hissed, Jacob took off running, leaving the three of the vampires alone.

"So, dear Edwardo, why aren't you joining in the fight?" Aimee said lightly, turning around to look at him.

"I need to stay with Bella." He muttered, looking down at his shoes.

"Are we really gonna do this again? Look what happened last time! We need you in this fight." She exclaimed, Jasper nodded.

"It might be safer for Bella if you stay away from her. Victoria will know you'll be with her, as soon as she sees you're not on that field-"

Edward interrupted Jasper. Aimee glared at him, and Edward looked at her in fear.

"It won't happen! Just shut up about it, Aimee." He hissed.

Jasper snarled and pulled Aimee towards him, turning away from Edward as he held his mate  close.

"You agree with me, right?" She whispered, her face in his chest.

"I do, but it seems we can't sway his decision." He whispered back, stroking her hips. "Let's go check if her scent can be traced." He said.

They sped around the field but couldn't find any trace of Bella's scent, Jasper and Aimee ran back to Edward.

"All we picked up was wolf stench. No Bella." Jasper told Edward, striding towards him with Aimee following close on his heels.

"This will work." She reassured him, she wasn't that angry anymore. She understood that Bella and Edward were really intense, so she'll let them off.

"Great." Edward said to Aimee, turning away to go back home. She sighed, "He really hates me."

Jasper took her into his arms, "He doesn't, he just hates being challenged."