27

It was the early hours of the morning, they'd all gone back to the house and Bella was asleep. Edward looked unusually happy but none of them questioned it.

Jasper tugged Aimee towards their bedroom, and she followed without no complaint. He sat on the bed and drew her towards him, holding her body close.

"Don't do anything reckless in the battle. Please." Jasper whispered into her hair, she pulled away and looked at him. "You're the newest one to conflict, I don't want you getting hurt." He explained and Aimee smiled.

"Jaz, I'll be fine. I'll use my powers if I'm in a struggle."

"Don't always rely on your powers, just please be careful. I can't lose you." He muttered, she gazed into his eyes and saw the worry. Jasper was terrified of her being on the battle field.

She didn't say anything for a few seconds, but then she nodded, kissing his lips and settling down, laying her head on his chest.

"If anything, Emmett will be the reckless one." She joked, then they heard a thump from the room beneath them.

"I think he heard you." Jasper chuckled, and Aimee laughed with him.

*

Bella had gone up the mountain with Jacob, meeting Edward there. A heavy storm had come in, blanketing the ground in gorgeous snow. Aimee had missed the snow from Alaska but now wasn't the time to fool around.

The rest of them were going over some final pointers for the battle and soon enough, another day had begun.

Today was when the army would arrive.

Aimee dressed into practical clothes and braided her hair, she didn't want the newborns ripping it out.

Jasper walked into the room, wearing black clothes. Her mouth watered. Jasper put his hands over her hips and looked down at her, his face tense.

"Remember what I said." He said, his voice serious.

"Don't rely on my powers." Aimee said, pressing her lips against his once.

*

The family were all grouped together, they could hear the newborns running closer to Bella's scent. Jasper gripped Aimee's hand tightly and squeezed it, she smiled at him.

She then let go of his hand and focused on the incoming vampires. All of them were concentrating, hearing their crazed snarls and hisses.

The army suddenly emerged from the trees and started charging towards the small group of seven vampires. They all sped forward and met the newborns in the middle.

Aimee grabbed a newborn by her neck and slammed her down, crushing her head by stamping on it. She spun around and punched another one, shattering his head into pieces instantly.

The wolves suddenly jumped out from behind a rock and started killing the newborns, their snarls and growls heard from across the field.

One newborn flew towards Aimee and she ducked, grabbing him in a chokehold and pulling his head off.

A satisfying sound erupted as his head shattered, Aimee felt herself smirk before seeing Victoria on the sidelines. She stopped and stared as Victoria looked around, her face falling. Before Aimee could say anything, she felt a newborn shove her down to the floor.