13

It had been three months since the change. Aimee was still trying to adjust. She's still not used to it, the sleepless nights, the constant bloodlust.

And she missed food a lot.

Especially hash browns.

The Cullen family were helping her with control, Jasper most of all. He understood most how difficult it was. How the bloodlust almost controlled the her. She hadn't seen Bella in three months, Edward didn't trust her to be standing in the same room, which was kinda bullshit. Aimee hasn't even lost control yet.

But it's her birthday today, and Alice was planning a surprise party for her at the house. Edward is letting Aimee join, but she was to stay far away from Bella, just to be safe.

Only Bella knows Aimee was here, everyone else believed that she had moved away with her mom, who transferred hospitals shortly after Aimee turned. She still felt an overwhelming guilt, and missed her terribly.

"Darlin', Bella is here." Jasper said, breaking through Aimee's thoughts. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered, breathing in her scent gently.

"Hashbrowns." She smiled, feeling Jasper grin.

They both pulled apart and walked hand-in-hand to the living room, waiting for Bella and Edward to come down. She was nervous. She didn't want to lose control.

Jasper felt her uneasiness and turned her cheek with his hand softly, kissing her gently. She felt instantly calmer, so Aimee smiled at him.

Bella's scent suddenly filled her nose and Aimee tensed, gritting her teeth. Bella appeared and smiled as she saw Aimee, she bared her teeth in what hopefully was a happy smile.

Bella walked down the stairs and started walking towards Aimee, but Edward tugged her wrist and shook his head.

"I'd rather you didn't come closer, just in case." Aimee told her, and smiled, watching as Bella nodded and looked at her amber eyes, they were slowly turning the beautiful gold that the rest of the Cullens had.

"Happy birthday, Bella!" Alice said happily, hugging her. Alice was always chirpy, and had planned all of this herself.

"Sorry about all this, we tried to rein Alice in." Carlisle said jokingly, Esme hugged Bella and Aimee bit her lip, sad that she couldn't join in.

"As if that were even possible. Happy birthday, Bella." Esme said, grinning as she pulled away from Bella.

Alice snapped a picture of Edward and Bella, she smiled sheepishly, "I... found it in your bag. Mind?"

"Dating an older woman. Hot." Emmett teased, smirking at Edward.

Aimee laughed and watched as Rosalie rolled her eyes with a smile, Jasper pulled Aimee closer and his lips curved upwards.

"You first, Rosalie." Alice said, giving Rose the present who gave it to Bella.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out." She said bluntly. Aimee loved the coldness of her tone.

"This one is from Emmett." Alice said, giving Bella a bigger present.

She shook it and looked at Emmett in confusion, "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent piece of sound system for that piece of-"

"Don't... Don't hate the truck." Bella said.

Aimee looked at Emmett and whispered, "Definitely hate on the truck, it really is a piece of-"