Love and Other Things-Tika

Start from the beginning

"Don't touch me. God, please don't. It hurts so much when you do and reminds me of everything that I have lost" he says as he whirls to face me. I stand immobile as I watch the tears fall down his cheeks. They look hollow and pale under the light of the moon. He holds a hand over his chest as he rubs it.

"I am real Xander. You know who I am?" I ask him confused.

"You are nothing but the ghost of the woman that I love. You are here to haunt me because I couldn't save you. You are here because my dragon has gone feral at the loss of his mate" He whispers as he stares at the water.

"I thought that I was your mate, Xander. I assure you that I am still here. I'm breathing. My heart beats" I tell him as I step closer. He cocks his head at me as he watches me. As another tear falls my heart hurts for him. I have no idea why he thinks that I'm dead. "I ran after I screamed at your parents. I talked to Julia and she helped me understand a few things. We went swimming in the water" I tell him slowly as I try to get him to understand.

I smile when I see his eyes start to flash. If I can't get through to him, then I know that I can get through to his dragon. "Two men appeared in the water and grabbed us. They left me here because I was your mate. They hit me on the head and they took Julia" I tell him.

"No, my mate is dead. I watched as her heart was ripped heart. My own damn dragon did the deed" He screams at me. I take a step away from him even though my body tells me not to. I feel a pull toward him and I have no idea why he won't believe me. I am here.

"Ceron" When I call his name he pushes forward. I watch as his eyes take over and he sniffs the air.

"You smell like mate and sound like her" he says as he steps toward me. Before I can see his intentions he has grabbed the top of my robe and looks inside it. I slap his hand away and he gasp as he steps back. "Tika" he whispers.

"Yes. It's me" I say happily. Of course the beast would be the rational one. My happy feeling starts to go away when he starts to shake his head though. Then an idea hits me and my words are spilling out of my mouth. "I still owe you a reward Ceron. You remember that I told you if you behaved that day on our walk, I would tell you something" I ask him. He nods his head slowly as his eyes narrow.

"Your name is Ceron because I am the one that chose it. I chose that name because it means beloved. When I chose it, I knew that you would mean something to me. You were already so eager to take down my walls and have me open up to you. You are my beloved because you are loved by me. I love you and Xander" I tell him as tears spring to my eyes.

I have made so many mistakes and I just need him to believe me. The thought that he could go on believing that I died tears me up inside. In my heart I know what I mean to him and I know what he means to me.

"I pulled her out of the sky with you man. I have no idea what the hell happened up there but I know you brought her back" Maximus says. My gaze flies to where I heard him from. He nods his head and then he disappears. When I look back at Xander there is something new in his eyes. I no longer see Ceron in his gaze but his golden eyes are still bright. His feet rush forward and I open my arms to him.

He swoops me up off my feet and spins me in the air before he crushes me into his chest. I feel as he moves me so that his head can go to my shoulder. When he inhales my scent there I feel as he relaxes. I pull away from him and look into his eyes as I wipe away the moisture. The smile on his face tells me however that these are tears of joy and I feel as they blur my vision too.

"What took you so long?" I ask him as I cherish the tingles. I run my hands up and down his exposed chest to feel more of them as I wait for his answer.