Lonely Wanderer-Tika

Start from the beginning

I look around the room and spot an empty table over by the woman who told me to help myself. As soon as I sit I am bringing the bacon slice to my mouth and groaning at the glorious flavor. As I chew the piece slowly I close my eyes and remind myself to thank who ever decided to cure pig fat. They are a genius.

A tap to my shoulder has me opening my eyes to find the kind woman in front of me. "You humans are severely underfed if all of you groan at the taste of bacon. I can't wait to see how you all act with the fried chicken tomorrow" she says with a chuckle. "May I?" I nod eagerly as I chew on another piece of bacon. She seems like a nice lady and I could use the company.

"My name is Tika" I tell her as I meet her gaze.

"Oh, I'm Barbara but everyone here calls me Barb. How are you liking your stay in the clan" she ask politely.

"Oh, it's beautiful here. I think that I could stay outside all day just to look at the flowers" I tell her honestly with a smile. She chuckles at what I said.

"Yes, they are beautiful here. It's also great because we have a few dragons here who can grow anything. I have seen breeds of flowers grow here that aren't even indigenous to the area" she gushes. What she says really peaks my interest because I have a love of flowers. I have even memorized the names of many.

"Do you know where I could find some of these rare breeds. I would love to see them for myself" I tell her eagerly. That would be the perfect way to spend my first day by myself.

"Well I am off about now. I can walk you to where you can find them if you like" she offers.

"That would be amazing. If you do have something to do though you can just point me in the right direction" I tell her not wanting to be a bother.

"Oh nonsense. I really don't mind and I was heading in that direction any who" she says as she rises. Finished with my food I take the tray to the washing area and add it to the belt. She waits for me by the door and guides me outside. We walk in silence for a few moments as I follow her through the cabins. I honestly made need a map to this place. Someone is going to have to show me the way back to Xander's.

"So, if you don't mind my asking. Since you are here in this clan still, am I to assume that you have found yourself mated to one of the dragons here" She ask as she looks at me curiously. Even though I have only just met her she gives off the vibe as someone that is easy to talk to.

"Yes, I have. It just doesn't seem to be going like it is supposed to me guess. I was actually taking sometime to figure out what I wanted and to get some answers" I tell her as we round another bend. There is a path made of small stones here that are leading up to a yellow cabin. No other one is on this road so I think that we have found our destination.

"Well what questions did you have dear, I might be able to help" she offers as we get closer to the cabin.

"Okay well how did this whole mate thing start?" I ask her curiously.

"Oh well that's a story. Why don't we go take a seat in my flower fields and I can tell it to you" she says as we start to walk around the house. My feet pause as I look out into field behind her house. The scent here is almost overwhelming with the amount of flowers in the air. The field looks like a rainbow of different assortments. You could practically find a flower for any occasion here. I walk to the table at the edge of the field and take a seat gladly as I breathe in the sweetness of the flowers.

"Right, so the story. Well it starts with a young girl who was in love with a boy. Her name was Io and the boy's name was Draco. She was the daughter of a paddy field worker and he the son of a general. The Generals were a big thing in Japan so you can think of him as the son of a billionaire. Any way when they met he immediately begin courting her only to later find that he has been promised to another" She begins. I turn in my chair to face her trying to absorb everything that I can.