Prelude

As I lay in the grass, I look up at the skyline. There is a storm headed our way. The clouds grumble fiercely, and I remember Ivar saying that it meant Thor was on our side. I am not sure if I believe in the Norse gods yet. My upbringing as a Christian is heavily rooted. Still, I have always felt drawn to the forbidden. Maybe that is why I am here, in the hands of the enemy, praying for them to win over my so-called countrymen; the Saxons. The damage Alfred inflicted feels too great to forget, and yet I find myself wishing to see him one more time. Perhaps love is madness, just like the nuns suggested while they whipped me. It does not matter now. The expectancy of battle hangs in the air, heart affairs should be the least of my concerns. And yet... I can not avoid holding my breath as I hear him approach. His crutches sink heavily on the ground. I know that he has come to get me ready. The weather of weapons is on the horizon.

My newest work and first Vikings' series! I feel so proud of this story, I have already mapped out twenty chapters

My newest work and first Vikings' series! I feel so proud of this story, I have already mapped out twenty chapters. The main character's name is Leofflaed, but I won't describe her much, so you can image whoever. There are two romances, Alfred & Leofflaed, and Ivar & Leofflaed. We have smut and fluff for both. However, the main focus of the story isn't only the romances. I want to portray what is like to be a woman in that era, a woman in love with the wrong men, a woman that has to fight for power. If you are worried about the tags, yes, there will be heartbreak, but good things will come after it! So please, come with me and Leofflaed in this journey.