A Deadly Kiss-Xander

Start from the beginning

"Earlier I saw something when we kissed. I heard a voice and I am here to answer it. I would like to meet you again" she states as she places her feet in the water.

I rush out from the trees as I go to reach her. "No" I shout at her. Kelsie freezes when she sees me and then immediately evaporates. "Wait, please come back" Tika cries as she tries to go deeper into the water. I jump into the water before she can submerge herself and toss her over my shoulder.  Her hands beat against my back as she screams. The scent of her tears fill the air and I stop when we reach the trees.

What have we done. We should have never used our gift on our mate.

Sniffing the air I no longer smell Maximus near and for once I am glad that he has made himself scarce. I slowly lower her body from my shoulder as she sobs. The sound of her tears affect me so much that I am unable to even focus on the sensation of having her so close to me. Guilt eats at my chest that she wanted to die again. I never ever wanted her to want death. I just wanted to show her love.

"I am so sorry Tika. I never meant for this to happen" I tell her as I watch her collapse to her knees. Even though her sobs have quieted tears still flow in fresh torrents down her beautiful face. kneeling down I meet her gaze only to find it vacant as she stares off into space. "My intention was to show you all that love could be. I had no idea that my gift would bring forth something so tragic for you. I only wanted to show you love, not more pain" I state as tears fill my eyes again.

"But dying isn't the solution. We are put on this earth to deal with our pain so that it can make us stronger. If we all gave up so easily then nothing would ever get accomplished in this world" I plead for her to hear me on this. Suddenly she shoves me forward as her tears freeze. I'm so shocked by the strength she shows that I fall right on my ass as I stare at her in disbelief.

"Of course you would think that I brought myself here to die. A lowly human could never handle an almighty beast like you. Well guess what, I don't want to. I don't want anything to do with you. You don't even know me and yet you keep trying to tell me what to do. Well guess what all mighty alpha, you can go to hell" she bellows as she turns away from me.

At her sudden tantrum it's my turn to get angry. "Hey, I was just trying to save you from doing something stupid. And yeah, you are right. I don't know you but it isn't like I haven't tried. I have already shared my deepest secret with you and still you choose to walk away" I yell at her back as I follow her.

"You have done nothing but cause me problems since I have been here. I didn't ask for any of this Xander. I just wanted to live out my existence facing the consequences that I have coming to me. I didn't ask you to try to save the poor, lowly prisoner. I haven't asked you for anything at all. But now I will, stay the hell away from me" She ends with a stomp of her foot after she gets done screaming at my chest.

She needs time Xander. Pushing her now is not going to end well. The magic of our gift is still too strong.

I swear I do hear the words of my dragon but for some reason I can't seem to control myself when it comes to her. "Well if you didn't want to be save tell me why the hell you ended up back here at the river that died at just earlier today? Huh? What other reason would you have for coming here?" I scream at her.

"I needed to hear the words again to make sure that I got it right. I am tired of living with all this pain that I have and I want it to go away. I just want to breathe" She ends on a cry. Coming forward I take her into my arms and just hold her.

"What are the words you remember?" I ask her quietly.

"you will never amount to anything if you do not learn to love. The key that you seek to life is your deepest regret. A close mouth may never get fed but once open famine is farthest away."

The words that she quote shock me. What am I even supposed to say to that and who said it to her? I think on the words as I try to decipher their meaning. I mean it's obvious about something that she needs or wants and learning to ask for it. What stumps me is the part about her deepest regret. Maybe if I knew what that was I could help.

That would only be half the battle fought. We don't even know what she saw throughout gift. We gave her another warning in one day when she hadn't worked through the first.

"I want to help you Tika. More than anything I do. But I need a place to start love" I tell her as I hold her tighter. As I hold her, I brush my lips across her head. I have done so much today that I don't even know if I can begin to make up for it.

"I need time. This has all just been too much" she whispers.

Her tears have finally stopped but I can tell by the expression on her face that nothing has been solved. She looks so lost now and I am gutted that I am part of the reason. I lift us off the forest floor as I carry her. The walk through the trees is long but she says nothing else as I take us home. The quiet of the night seems to help. Before we reach my home her eyes have closed and soft snores leave her lips.

I could be happy if I knew that she was sleeping peacefully. Her hands fidget in her sleep and her brow is left in a constant furrow. I take her up the stairs and to her room. The events of the day make my home feel cold and uninviting. I pull back the comforter as I get ready to lay her down. Her hands tighten on my arms as I go to remove her and the need to put her down disappears.

"Shhhhhhh" I tell her as a heartbreaking sound leaves her mouth. Looking at her bed I realize that it is too small if I were to join her. Exiting her room I take her to my own and climb into the bed with her. Her body lays across my lap as I shift her head to the crook of my neck. I lean my back against the headboard so that she can stay comfortable. Once I stop shifting a sigh leaves her chest while I look at her.

Even with a tear stricken face she is still the most beautiful women I have ever seen. The valleys of her face mesmerize as my gaze flickers over them. Her lashes cast shadows upon her cheek that I itch to trace with the tip of my finger. Her cheeks are slender and lead to her plump pink lips. The reminder of my lips on hers as I shared my gift should have been a welcome thought. However, the moment feels tainted even though it has led to her being in my arms.

I tighten my hold on her as I shift getting a bit more comfortable. It would have been better to lay her down and to just lay beside her. I can't seem to make my arms release her though. I close my eyes as I too try to get some rest. We can figure out what to do tomorrow. Instead of convincing my mate to love me, I will have to convince her to fight. Not only for us but for herself.