30: Birthday Surprises

Four days ago Buck and I had to face the parents that hurt us so badly, today, we face the reality of getting older. Today happened to be my 23rd birthday and Buck's 27th birthday.

"Happy birthday baby." Buck smiled at me, who happened to only be half awake. I groaned, tired from this pregnancy and work, "Happy birthday." I said sitting up and stretching. I had intended on making a nice breakfast for our day.

"Let's just cuddle all morning? We can get food later." Buck pulled me down, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "As much as I want to say yes, your daughter is making me sooo hungry." I giggled, wiggling my way out of the strong grip around me.

Buck smiled, thinking about his daughter, who will be making her grand arrival in just 5 short months.

I stood up and made my way downstairs, Buck following behind me. "You walk so close to me all the time." I laughed walking into the kitchen and getting the eggs out of the refrigerator. "What kind do you want?" I asked the latter, who was prepping the coffee machine. "Scrambled with cheese. What kind do you want?" He repeated her question.

"French vanilla." I said beginning to cook eggs for the couple. This particular morning, the smell of the eggs and coffee made my stomach churn. I really tried to push that feeling down, but instead ended up running to the bathroom to vomit.

For this entire pregnancy, nausea and vomiting has been something I've  struggled with, most days I could only eat saltine crackers. Buck noticed me disappear into the bathroom and turned off the stove, followed me into the bathroom and held my hair back.

It became a routine, me trying to hide it and not saying anything, but Buck knowing exactly what was happening. "God I don't know why it's not over yet." I groaned out as I stood up. "I'm sure it will be over soon." Buck reassured me. I shook her head trailing out to the kitchen to resume cooking.

Soon us two would sit to eat breakfast. "Do you have plans for today?" I asked Buck as I took a sip of her coffee. "Yes I do. After you finish go get ready." He said with a small smirk appearing on his face. "Get ready how?" "Casual, but also pack a small bag to spend a night away. Oh and bring a swimsuit too."

I nodded, finishing my food and making my way upstairs. I was relieved to have time to just ourselves, which I feel like we've been robbed of with everything that has happened.

I went through my drawers, trying to find anything that would fit my 17-week baby bump. I groaned, wanting to give up. "What happened?" Bucks voice echoed from the kitchen where he was cleaning. "Nothing fucking fits me anymore because I'm fat now." I sighed out feeling defeated.

Buck jogged up the stairs to their loft. "Here." He grabbed a bag from beside their shared dresser. "I knew that eventually you would need something other than sweats or leggings so I bought you some maternity shorts and jeans." He handed his red-headed girlfriend the bag.

I don't know if it was the hormones or that I just adore my boyfriend this much, but the kind gesture brought tears to my eyes. "Thank you. You're the best." I smiled. "And baby, you're not fat okay? You're growing our babygirl and that's so so special." Buck said kissing my forehead.

"Somehow you always know the right things to say." I rolled my eyes playfully at him, going into the bag and picking out a pair of shorts to put on. "That's what boyfriends are for." He said helping me finish packing my bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pulled up to a really fancy resort that was 2 hours from home. "Is this where we're staying?" I asked Buck, in awe of the building in front of us. "It sure is." He said getting out and opening my door for me. I slipped my shoes on before getting out and taking a deep breath.

Once we checked in, we went up to our room. Buck unlocked the door and held it open for me. The room was beautiful, it had a view of the ocean, our own private balcony with a small pool/hot tub. A huge bathroom with a jacuzzi bathtub. I loved it.

"Thank you so much for doing this." I said walking up to him. "Anything for you my love. Anything." He smiled, moving his hands to my hips and pulling me closer. I rested my head against his chest. "I never thought I would ever find this kind of love." I admitted.

"Why not?" Buck asked. "Because I have always felt like I'm not worthy of being loved, my parents pretty much engraved that in me." I sighed out.

"Well that's not true Lis. I love you more than anything and I'm so glad to have you in my life. You have made me a better person, you are the reason that I've grown up honestly." He said pulling away from me slightly, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. My eyes started to form tears.

"All that and much more is the reason why you are it for me. Alissa Brixton, will you marry me?" He said getting down on one knee and opening the box, revealing a ring with a beautiful diamond. I sniffled and wiped my tears while nodding. "Of course I'll marry you Evan. Yes!" I said and he slipped the ring onto my finger.

He stood up, engulfing me into a tight hug. "I didn't plan on doing this now, but I just couldn't wait any longer." Buck laughed slightly. "Oh I love you." I smiled, connecting our lips together. "I love you more." He mumbled.

From there, one thing lead to another and we were left naked and sweaty on the bed. I got up to go shower, I wanted to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate us.

I couldn't believe Buck proposed to me. The thought of our future together brought a smile to my face. "Thinking about me?" Buck's voice broke my train of thought. "Yes and our future together." I said as I finished washing my hair. Buck opened the door to the shower and got in. "Who invited you?" I laughed. "Myself." He said.

I got out, wrapping a towel around my body. "I have dinner reservations for us, it's a fancy restaurant." Buck said while I dried myself off. I went back into the room, grabbing my bag and pulling out my favorite dress. It was a gray, form fitting dress that was down to my mid-thighs. Before pregnancy I love how it showed my figure, now I love the way it shows my bump.

I slipped on my dress right as Buck walked out of the bathroom. We both looked each other up and down. Something about this setting just made him irresistible. "Y-you uh look great." Buck said, trying not to get distracted by his fiancée.

I smiled. "You do too babe." I said while finishing up my make up. Buck got dressed into jeans and a gray button up, to match me.

"You know, I get to introduce you as the woman I'm marrying now." Buck smiled big.

"I'm so beyond lucky to have you Alissa. This birthday has been the best birthday ever."