27: Home Sweet Home

It's been 3 weeks since Buck and I got approval to bring Lenny home once she's out of the hospital and we couldn't be happier. We also are having a gender reveal party before she comes home, but we decided on doing one just for her too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Evan I can't button my pants can you help me." I said as I attempted to button a pair of white jeans I had bought for our gender reveal.

Buck came over to me and pulled on the waistband of the jeans. "Babe why do you insist on not buying new clothes?" He said as he finally buttoned my pants. "Because as you can see they still fit. Now where's my shirt." I walked over to our clothes rack.

Everyone going to the party was supposed to wear white pants and a pink or blue shirt to signify what they thought the baby was going to be.

I looked through the rack and came across my blue shirt, seeing Buck's next to it. Of course Buck wanted a boy, I did too.

We finished getting dressed, our reveal was going to be at Bobby and Athena's house to accommodate to the amount of people that would be attending.

"Oo my girlfriend is so hot!" Buck said putting his arms around me. "My boyfriend isn't too bad himself." I laughed. I looked into the mirror in front of us. My baby bump was slightly bigger as I was now 15 weeks pregnant.

It was weird to see myself pregnant as an adult, especially since I was just 14 the last time I was. "We're going to be late Lis come on." Buck said picking me up and carrying me out of our apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Congratulations Alissa, I'm so happy for you and Buck." Eddie's new girlfriend, Ana, said to me. "Yeah, I'm glad everything is going well for you guys." Eddie smiled at me. I haven't really talked to Eddie all that much since Buck and I got back together. I would see him here and there when I would visit Buck at work, or when I would go with him to the bar after his shift.

"Alright everyone, please let's give the new expecting parents our attention as they, and we, learn the gender of their first child together." Athena said handing Buck and I confetti poppers.

"Most people think it's going to be a boy including the parents so let's give them a countdown." Bobby told everyone.

So it began. Everyone counted down from ten. "5..4..3..2..1" Buck and I popped the tubes and watched as different shapes of pink confetti rained down on us and the guests.

I immediately looked at Buck, as he looked at me. Both of us had the biggest smiles on our faces as we heard a mixture of cheering and clapping coming from the crowd. Buck pulled me in for a tight hug.

I couldn't help but to let a few tears slip. I was genuinely happy for the first time in about 6 months. "Don't cry my love, this is good." Buck whispered into my ear. "They're happy tears, I promise." I said back to him before pulling away from the hug.

"Congratulations on your babygirl! I can't wait to be an aunt!" Maddie said pulling both me and Buck into a hug. "Thanks Maddie and can you tell everyone we appreciate the support? We have one more special person to tell." Buck told his sister. Maddie agreed and we took off to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Lenny!" Buck said walking into her hospital room. I stayed back to talk to Rylee and Dr.Adam.

"She's ready to go home, but she will need lots of help especially with walking and getting use to her arm." Dr.Adam said.

"Respectfully, I think she was going to tell us the gender." Rylee said with a slight laugh. "She's wearing blue, it's a boy. Mothers are always right." He argued back.

"Well your theory is wrong because I'm having a girl." I smiled. "Take the next week off Alissa, get used to your new life with a kid, it's a lot of work in itself." Dr.Adam said.

"I have a 9 year old for the record." I said walking away.

I walked into Lenny's room and watched as Buck talked her ears off. "Lissy come sit, Evan said that you guys have a surprise." She said once she noticed me.

I sat next to Buck. "Alissa is going to have a baby." He started off. "I know Evan." She said rolling her eyes playfully. "It's going to be a girl." He finished.

I watched as she sat up giving Buck a hug then giving me a hug too. "You are the sweetest." He said rubbing her back. "Alright kiddo, you ready to go home? Evan fixed up your room and I think you're going to love it." I said to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here we are. Home sweet home." Buck said helping Lenny into our apartment. "Wow it's big in here." She said in awe at the open plan. Buck took her over to the couch and sat with her.

I stood back and watched as he talked to her. He had the biggest smile on his face. He loved kids and it was so adorable to witness.

"Don't mind her, she's probably just gushing over how cute we are." Buck said to Lenny after she said something about my staring. "I was gushing you caught me." I said putting both my hands in the air.

"Pizza for dinner?" I asked the two, who managed to already be in laughter. "Yes yes. I love pizza." Lenny said with a huge smile on her face. I sat down and ordered the pizza.

"Lissy, who is that?" Lenny asked pointing at a picture of Brielle. My heart twisted. "That's my daughter, her name is Brie." I said as I grabbed the photo and showed her closer. "She looks like you and barely like Evan." She said taking a closer look.

"Oh um-" Buck started to say. "I know, my genes are strong." I let out a small laugh. Buck rose his eyebrows and looked at me. His eyes widened slightly once he realized that I was considering him as a father figure.

"I like it here." She told us, turning towards me and smiling. "Home sweet home, right? Just like I promised." Buck said.