47. The Water Bottle

Start from the beginning

"Apart from now." I point out, an entertained look on my face to hide the small sting of hurt.

"Apart from now." Daniel concedes looking at me with a careful gaze. "Don't you think you should hear him out?" Daniel asks as he scratches behind his ear awkwardly. The suggestion makes me roll my eyes (again) because he's right, of course he is. I knew I'd have to reply to him at some point, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. Just three days ago I cried when Lilly asked how things with Lando were going, so perhaps mending this rift was needed after all.

"Fine." I huff straightening out my legs infront of me. I pick at the material of my leggings, glaring at the black material because I can't reasonably glare at either of the men in the room with me. "I'm going on a run with Blake, I'll reply after... or something." I mumble, a pout in my face, I don't miss the way Daniel's expression lightens a little with my words.

"You guys are really good friends now." Michael points out, an entertained look on his face.

"Are you jealous Michael?" I ask teasing, and he and Daniel laugh at my question. It's childish and joking and relief from the tense subject of my little brother and his dramatics. Michael only shakes his head in denial.

"I'm glad you're getting on is all." Is all he says, small smile on his face as he drinks from a bottle of water.

"They never didn't get on." Daniel tries to defend Blake. It makes me raise an eyebrow in questioning at him, disbelief filling my expression.

"Mate..." Mike trails off in disbelief looking to me with a look that says 'he can't be serious'.

"He wasn't my biggest fan." The words leave me slowly, a small smile on my face. He just wasn't, it's any easy fact to share. I've made peace with it and we've made friends now, so there's no harm done.

"It's true, I wasn't." Blake buts in, surprising us all in the open doorway to Daniel's driver room. I'm hindsight, when talking about Lando I should've closed it behind me. Blake's dressed in his running gear, a bottle of water in his hands. Daniel is frowning at his words whilst Michael and I smile at him knowingly.

"You kept that to yourself." He grumbles with a small glare in Blake's direction before shaking his head.

"Would you have cared if you knew?" Blake asks Daniel, eyebrows raised. He knows the answer to his question already but still wants to hear it from Daniel's lips.

"Probably not, no." Daniel concedes and he lets his head fall onto my shoulder. He presses a small kiss to the skin below my ear which is exposed to him thanks to my tight pony tail.

"You ready?" Blake asks and Daniel whines holding onto me when I agree. Michael points out he has work to do and I agree, pressing a quick kiss goodbye to him and high giving Michael on the way out.

-

"I give up." I pant slowing my pace with a quick shake of my head. I've been trying to up my fitness levels since summer break and it's happening, but it's slow process. We're about a third of the way around on our third lap of the track.  I've ran at least three miles without stopping, which I think is somewhat of an achievement considering all I did for three weeks was sit on my ass and hike up one hill in LA. Still, I managed five miles with Daniel back in Monaco (before we stumbled back to his apartment and tore clothes one another that is). Maybe I need to start running with Dan, he can be a source of motivation.

"Want me to stop too?" Blake offers as he slows his beside me. I swallow heavily before letting out a loud breath as my slow jog turns into a walk.

"Nah, you go ahead - I'll just walk round to cool down." I huff out as Blake nods pushing his glasses up his nose. "Good luck!" I cheer as Blake waves me off, shooting me a thumbs up, he wanted to do at least five laps of the track today so it was always going to be a push for me. I wasn't going to ruin his goals with my own low levels of fitness. We were always going to have to part ways at some point.