A showcase with @darlenerwrites author of: Tattooed Hearts

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I was inspired by a random thought that popped into my head. It soon developed into a larger idea with inspiration from my own life—being a person with a disability.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I'd have to say I struggled with constructing the plot. I knew what I wanted but I didn't know how to execute it.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed the characters. Cassius was just super sweet and Melody is very relatable. 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

A lot of people love it. They can see themselves in Melody and understand her in some way. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It's a series but a stand alone in the series. 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

There's always room for a happy ending. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Always keep in mind why you are writing the story. It'll fuel your motivation to keep going. When all else fails? Playlist and Pinterest boards.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes! So Melody is a writer and she has a rare physical disability which i based on my own. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

My story is about reluctant hearts finding love even when they thought it was impossible.

10 do you have any future projects?

I have a ton! I'm working on book 3–Breaking Hearts. Then book 4 & 5 are future projects. Two more books in a different series. All romances.