A showcase with @msunshinebooks, author of Hold me close

1 What inspired the idea of your story?

Hold Me Close was the first story I wrote. It was originally a love triangle, and I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Damn, love triangles sometimes anger readers! I rewrote the story after I honed my critical writing skills, and I'm very happy with the results. I was inspired to write the story because I wanted to write a sweet romance with some humor and heat, and I projected some of my experiences into it.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Plotting in general is something I'm bad at; being a pantser is a time suck. If you're struggling with something in the plot, don't force it. Go back in and rewrite something from scratch and see what sticks.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

My favorite parts of stories are the little things making the whole. Moments that are sweet or make you laugh. When you're reading your favorite book and you realize a character has a catchphrase or favorite color. Creating those types of things is so fun.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 Readers love watching people fall in love, and there are many lovable side characters that add to the story, not steal the show. I've had readers comment that Nick and Sierra lead realistic lives and have a relatable relationship.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Hold Me Close is the first in the series. The world revolves around a family and the people intertwined into their lives. Many characters have their own or part of their story in separate stories. I love sharing another character's story when I realize some readers are eager to know the behind the scenes for them.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

A relatable love story filled with drama and humor.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Don't create drama to move your plot forward

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Sierra Carr and I share some similar struggles and keep a quiver of sarcasm arrows nearby. She might be a better person than me, though.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 College senior Sierra adores her best friend Brian, but he inadvertently thwarts her love life on occasion. She didn't expect to meet Nick that night, but they quickly fell in love, and she's scrambling to make the puzzle pieces fit. If you love sweet romance and getting lost in drama and laughter, come check see their story unfold.

10 do you have any future projects?

Everything I Want is the sequel to Hold Me Close, and I'm about a quarter of the way into it. I have multiple stories ahead for this series!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Meet The Authors Showcase Edition #3 (3 of 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें