A showcase with @TheChristianPrincess author of: To Know You

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 A dream actually and I know it's ironic because the story is based on a man who dreams of his soulmate. I won't go into details about what the dream was about but know it was powerful enough for God to guide me to write a book about it. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 Definitely the kissing scenes, personally even though I'm a New Adult I've never been kissed before and so it was a struggle to write about something I've never experienced before.  

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Generally, just writing. When I write I feel like I'm free and can write however I wish too. I don't feel like someone is constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure I'm writing something they approve of. I can write what I want and publish it too. I write because if I did not my mind would be over-flowing with plotlines and if I did not write I think I would be depressed. Writing to me is a gift in which God as blessed me with.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 From what they are telling me they love it. They believe I have a good imagery and love how I bring it to life on the page. They love the connection between Seth (The main male character) and God. They love it and I am truly grateful. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It's the first book in the series, which is called 'To Love A Godly Man'.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

God, when the readers read To Know You, I want them to see God through the details and I want my book to help strengthen their faith. I want them to walk away with the knowledge that even if it seems impossible doesn't mean it's impossible to God. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Before you even begin to write you need to sit yourself done and ask yourself, "Am I doing this for a hobby or am I going pursue a career out of this?" If you deem it's just a hobby, then don't focus on it as much as you should the thing you want to make a career out of. And then if you want to pursue a career out of it then you need to put your blood, sweat, and tears into it because let's be honest many can be writers but very few can actually be authors. You need to find the reason you write and focus on that when times get tough. Set a goal for yourself and met that goal every day. be strict with yourself, if you say you're going to write two hundred words then write two hundred words. You won't make far as an author if you are not strict with yourself. Also, if you want a career as an author you need to use this platform to be professional. I could go on and on, but I better leave it there lol.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Yes, I keep all my emotions bottled up inside as well.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The plotline, it's not something that I believe has ever been wrote in the Christian Fiction genre and that by itself is very eye-catching

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, there are only a couple chapters left in To Know You and then I will be working on the second book in the series. However, it is too soon to release the title, but hopefully the book will be published on Wattpad either in July or August:)