A showcase with @MikhaelaChhetri, author of Royal Roulette

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My inspiration to write this novel eventually started from 'Open Novella Contest' back in 2019. They had around 50 prompts, I don't remember very well. I was so fascinated by two prompts, and I wanted to use both in the most twisted way possible. Sadly, my plot probably did not fascinate the judges, but plot ideas just kept flooding in my head. So, I just went on to discuss the plot with people and just went with it.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 Something I struggled with the most was writer's block, which I am still kind of fighting but good news, I am working on that, and you shall expect a new chapter to the earliest. I am motivated now. Another struggle to write this story was with building character sketch, plot and the end. Because this is a psychological thriller and facts, and details must be set correct in order to ignore any kinds of loophole. I spent a lot- literally a lot of time in research and finally completed the character sketch and plot which took me for around one month and a half. First novel where I actually worked systematically. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 As of now there are only 6 chapters introducing epilogue and introduction chapter, but so far, the few responses that I have received from my lovely readers are amazing. They get the gist, expression, the moment, feelings and everything that I meant for them to feel. It's just perfect. I love my readers.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Honestly, I loved writing the characters and the plot. It was fun. I was using my intellectual skills, questing everything and anything, it just felt so perfect. I also loved writing the playful tension between princess Katherine and Duke Andrew. 

5 is your story a standalone novel or a piece of a series?

My story is clearly a standalone novel. I do not see any point of stretching this story. One is more than enough, extending will take all the fun out of this one.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

If they want, my readers can really take away Katherine's darkness, I think that not only makes her dangerous but extremely powerful at the same time.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Character sketch and building plot is a must. Sometimes taking a little break from writing is must, because then your mind gets time to explore other directions and you end up getting better ideas. Also try not to stretch your break for too long, because there is a blur line between break and entering the writer's block phase and trust me, it's not easy to come back from that.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Literally her appearance, I mean not in sense of beauty but yeah, long hair, hazel eyes, etc. Also her Katherine's ability to overthink, she gets it from me. ;).  

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 My plot, the fact that everything is so clear in the story but yet will confuse the readers as in why and what is happening? That will keep them going. at least I hope so. 

10 do you have any future projects?

 Yes, I have a really special projects on the way. Inspired by own life. I am writing about this actor I have encountered, the most heartbreaking yet heart whelming things ever happened to me. Keep with me know about my superstar.