A showcase with @JeremyFalco

author of Dictatorship of The Animals: Diary From The Carrot Union

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I really want to make a story about anthropomorphic and cute animals and give it a nice unexpected twist, as well as a story to vent out my thoughts about the world around me and all its jankiness, whether it's personal or somewhat related to real-life politics (Which I am particularly fond of), so I decided to write whatever what's in my mind and personified my current mood back in later 2018 with the character Leon.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The story starts off literally as an aimless rambling of my hardship and cynicism towards the 21st Century lifestyle combined with my usual sarcastic quip. Actually editing it into something actually readable for people can be said as a challenge, but all in all, this story in particular remains the most easy and fun writing experience for me.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Of course all of Leon's misfortune and bad luck, since its definitely fun writing about an underdog trying to make his way on life and failing like eighty-percent of the time! More conflict means more drama, which means more fun! At least in my opinion

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 I didn't expect to find like-minded readers that genuinely enjoyed my story! As sparse as they might be in a sea of Werewolf lovers, the readers that came genuinely to read have enjoyed it thoroughly - commenting on its dry humor (Which I totally didn't intend), interesting and memorable characters, as well as the overall emotional depth the story have as they reach the midpoint. Despite that, new readers that genuinely come to read usually comes far in between, mostly due to the large amount of contents in Wattpad itself, and of course due to the size of my following, which is microscopic compared to the so-called "Big fishes" in this website

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 I was planning for it to be a standalone, but seeing how my readers enjoy it, I am planning to make this story into a series, even making a prequel that is posted on my profile right now!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I originally intended the story to be nothing but me rambling about my real-life issues -personified through my small white furry vessel known as Leon, but as I realized that readers actually enjoy the story despite all its flaws and previously sub-par writing, I started adding the message of the importance of friendship and how that in the end, there will always be good despite all the dark and cynicism of the world.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Do not focus on the numbers of readers and votes, since most of them here are just numbers. Instead, focus on the actual readers that actually ask you for updates and your characters - since they are the genuine readers. If you're lucky, those genuine readers will actually give you advice and critique - and boom! You got yourself a beta reader to improve yourself One more thing, don't feel discouraged if your story seems unpopular. Chances are you need to improve your writing, or your writing might be so our of the market that you have to compromise in order to succeed here, but a third choice is to write a genuinely original and interesting work! People will notice your originality, and you will get quality readers.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

As I said, Leon is essentially myself in a rabbit form - We're both cynical, always expecting the worst, cannot take compliments (We both think all compliments are always with strings attached or sarcastic), and constantly ask ourselves each day why we are still alive. I however, unlike Leon, is not an Alcoholic, or is a small white rabbit, but I guess that's it.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Probably since it got anthropomorphic animals - furries love that right? Other than that, I believe people who enjoys dark humor, sarcasm, and satire would definitely enjoy this story even though it maybe laden with much politics (Which again, some people will enjoy). All in all, I believe that only an extremely small niche of wattpad will genuinely enjoy this story since it got no Bad Boys or greasy six-packs.

10 do you have any future projects?

Speaking about pandering to Wattpad, my main series here in Wattpad is the Hearts/Minds series, which draws more readers due to the tropes used there (E.G. Bad Boys, Billionnaires, and Royalty). The main drawback to that story is that it's laden so much with politics that it significantly stilts its growth. However, my newest story in that series called Hearts/Minds: The Light in The End is purposely designed as a fun, lighthearted adventure story that serves as a reboot for the entire series!

I am also making a prequel for Diary From The Carrot Union called Megalomania which expands on Leon's backstory, but I am currently putting the story on halt due to the lack of interest readers seem to give it