A showcase with @winteringpages-, author of Carnal Storm |18+

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My main inspiration came from an old draft I deleted a few years ago. I didn't feel it was good enough nor up to the standards that I was envisioning yet struggling to deliver. But after a few more years of continuously improving and exploring new ways to portray my writing, I finally felt satisfied with what I was delivering. And after reading a few mafia romances, I decided to bring it back.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I personally struggle to try and stay consistent with my writing. In the past, I have written bulky, lengthy paragraphs with a lack of vocabulary. To suddenly thrust myself into writing more sophisticated and highly skilled words was and still is proving to be more challenging than I anticipated. But I'm enjoying it regardless.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed developing the chemistry between my two characters and adding in those pesky things we call feelings. It's an absolute thrill watching the cute moments unfold and I, myself, have actually reread a few of those moments because they're that cute and swoon-worthy.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I'm not entirely sure. My book is still relatively fresh into Wattpad, but from my small group that I talk and listen to, they're not shy about how each chapter has affected them emotionally. From crying and sitting on the edge of their seat from suspense, to laughing and fangirling at the cute moments. It's quite the roller coaster they tell me.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

My story is a part of a series, Carnal Storm is the first, but each book will be a stand-alone. I'm portraying each book as having its own romance happening at the same time as the other but each book will have an entirely different but refreshing plot.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I think the message I want my readers to understand is that Wattpad portrays depression and mafia romance very differently from what it looks like realistically in the real world. I'm an author who aims to portray my characters with realism and if I get hate for it, so be it.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

A piece of advice I'll offer fellow writers is to just focus solely on your plot. It doesn't matter if you don't have the best grammar or use of words, as long as you have a well thought out plot that you've spent days and weeks on, that's the main thing that matters. A plot is a foundation to the entire story, without it, there's no real story, just a bunch of random words typed out. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Hell, yeah. They all do actually. My main character, Indigo, represents my depression as she portrays the hardships I've had the deal with in the past. A secondary character, Daniella, represents the socially awkward and goofy side of me. And finally, Indigo's love interest, (no names) represents my anger as he portrays the struggles and hardships of people expecting too much of me. You could say, I've split my personality.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

One thing I know will draw in new readers is the fact that I don't do cliches. I hate 'em with a passion. I have a unique way of portraying Indigo's take on the world matched with my newly developed writing style and I believe that will be the thing to draw new readers in. That and the cover, lol, it's pleasing to the eye.

10 do you have any future projects?

Oh, yeah, I definitely do. As soon as I'm finished with Carnal Storm, I'm gonna jump straight into a new steamy fantasy novel I'm crafting behind the scenes. I'm also going to be publishing the second book to the series. I haven't finalized the title, but for now, it's called Dirty Allure.