A showcase with @AdrielleReina author of: World on fire

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I was inspired by being in the military while in a volatile political climate at the time. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I originally constructed my story to have an exact timeline with a future election, but that just didn't work. So, I have it set in the not so far off future instead of over complicating it. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I enjoyed writing the realistic aspects of the sci fi twist the most. I used my background in biology and genomics to craft that. It was fun! 

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 I haven't had a lot of readers for this particular story yet, but I hope eventually I'll have a good response! 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

it's standalone for now, but that may change!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I just want them to be able to critically think while reading my story and understand the social commentary that it represents. That's why I'm writing it. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Jot down your ideas and get to writing! Just do it! Lol! In all seriousness, it takes time for a story to come together. Sometimes, it might suck at first but be patient. Trust the process. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 I think there are some similarities. She loves hard and she's a fighter. She's very devoted to her family. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I hope that the realistic elements within a dystopian landscape will draw in readers, but I hope my overall message is what sticks with them. I hope that they're able to walk away from my book with a new perspective. I hope it makes them think. 

10 do you have any future projects?

I do! I have a lot that I'm working on. One is The Curse of Poseidon's Revenge, a historical fiction/fantasy book about pirates! It's really fun. I'm also working on a trilogy. The first book, A Realm of Magic and Mayhem, has been published on here and submitted to the Watty's! I'm also working on a spin-off of the trilogy as well featuring supporting characters from the first book.