A showcase with @FictionWriterKL author of: Andrea and Huracan Maria

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 The hurricane and the events that happened during the hurricane. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 I struggled with trying to keep out politics. Although hurricanes shouldn't be political, it did become political and ugly. The president then, Donald Trump wasn't so let's call it graceful and the governor of my country wasn't precise. If the issue would have been less politized I believe that things would have been smoother between our countries.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I think that what I enjoyed writing the most was how the family supported each other despite the hurricane and the loss of modern utilities. I enjoyed the positives inside of the negatives.  

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 I haven't had a response yet. I'm hoping that it's not so terrible. 

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

I don't know yet. I was thinking of maybe making an Andrea series, but I'm unsure. For now, it's a stand alone, but that might change.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Comfort, escapism, maybe to hold on to hope and to believe in a better world. I don't know if it is or isn't possible, but it's a beautiful idea even if it's the wrong one. I want people to know that if something's wrong or negative, that there's always a way out.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 Well, I'm not really the best person to talk about focus, but I'll give it my best try. Try to find a quiet place or play some instrumental music that allows you to focus. If you go through a writer's block, don't panic. Take a step back or try writing fanfic for a while or do some exercise. Meditation might also help, I think.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Not really because the main character is loosely based in my daughter actually.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Maybe that its set in what may be considered an "exotic" place. I'm really not sure. 

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes. I'm working on a few and I'm also submitting works to magazines, so yeah, the future projects are definitely there.