A showcase with @_nomercy, author of Olympia: Last Man Standing

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I've always liked the idea of a fighting tournament. I got countless ideas for my story, but hesitated until now because I was afraid, I wouldn't be able to write it properly. But I've always had a thing for fantasy and tournaments, so I decided to bring it to life.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

 Probably the fighting scenes. It's easy to imagine scenes like this in my head but to write it down gets difficult.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Again, the fighting scenes. Though I struggled more on this part, I always feel the most satisfied after I finish writing and thoroughly reading these scenes.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 Readers say I'm great when it comes to describing what's going on. Some of them also enjoy the fighting scenes a lot like I do.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

My story is a piece of a series, however I haven't started the second book yet as I'm still working on this one.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

The story is based on governments putting countless lives at risk because they believe there's no better way to deal with the massive problem they have. So, what I would like my readers to take from my book is know there's always a better way when it comes to solving a problem, whether big or small. Some people are just too inpatient to find the right solution and choose the wrong one instead.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

 When it comes to writing a good story, the tenses and your vocabulary are just as important as your plot. I've seen people use present and past tense at the same time and it doesn't flow too well in a story. Plus, if you have a small vocabulary, you end up repeating words too many times, making them repetitive.

What I do is search up synonyms for a certain word I want to use, so that way I'm using different words all the time but they still have the same meaning.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Yes. The fear of killing (although, I'm pretty positive a ton of people have this). It's a tournament where you have to kill to survive, but Olympia is too afraid and haunted at the thought of being the reason a person took their last breath.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 The fighting scenes, again. I just think fighting scenes in general are incredibly exciting and bring in a lot of attention. This is why I love watching and reading genres like action.

10 do you have any future projects?

Oh, I have so many new ideas, but I want to focus on one story at a time, plus I do a lot of editing as well, so it'll probably take a long while before I release another work of mine.