Thirty-four - "Stay. Please?"

Amélie's pov:

My head is spinning.

My thoughts are scrambled.

Romeo just said that he loves me.

He said the one thing, that I wasn't able to say to him. And the funny thing is, is that I actually feel like he's telling the truth.

I look up at Romeo as his hands grip my face, swiping away my tears for me.

I can't trust him. I was gullible once, but I won't fall for his trap once again.

I said that he's on the right track to being forgiven, and he is. But I just can't bear to have my feelings be taken advantage of yet again. I don't know who I can trust. I don't know if I can go through that heartbreak again.

"I- actually, I think it'd be better if I get some rest, I haven't been sleeping well." I tell him, retracting my earlier statement.

I can see in his eyes that he's disheartened by the step back we've taken, but I'm just so confused. And hurt. And angry. And traumatised. And- and I don't know. My whole body feels out of place, I feel uncomfortable constantly, I always feel like I need to throw up and I feel disgusting. I've lost my appetite, yet get the most random cravings; I feel fatigued, yet cannot go to sleep; I don't eat, yet I feel bloated.

Romeo takes a step backwards with regret painted across his face. "You're right, I'm sorry. I'll go-." He begins to say, but I quickly cut his rambling off.

"Stay. Please?" I beg, in a broken voice as my voice cracks on the last half of my sentence.

I need to make up my mind. I mean, do I hate him, or not?

He nods and stands there awkwardly as I make my way into bed. He must want to be close to me as he quickly blurts out "Can I hold you? Please." In an embarrassed whisper.

I look at him in pure shock for a while, staring, before I say "You want to?" My confusion is evident in my tone.

I didn't think he'd want to be near me after what Vincent had done.

He nods his head eagerly, to which I lift the corner of the duvet for him, as an invitation to join. A wide smile that reaches his eyes lights up his entire face at my invitation, which makes a small smile play on my lips. He quickly runs to the side of the bed and reaches over to my side of the bed "Come here." He says with a heavy sigh, as if he's been longing for my touch.

I scoot over towards him and I sit up, considering he hasn't lied down on the bed yet - He's still standing by the side of the bed. When I'm within an arm's length of him, he places an arm under my thighs and the other, under and around my back. He lifts me in his arms, bridal style, and makes his way towards the door.

My arms quickly shoot up and wrap around his neck, as one of my cold, trembling hands knit into the hair at the nape of his neck "Relax. I've got you mia belleza." He reassuringly whispers against my ear as his nose brushes against my temple. He leaves 3 tender kisses there and my heart races at the familiarity of the 3 kisses we always give to each other. None of which, I have received in the last 3 weeks.

But what makes Romeo's heart truly soar, is the fact that I place 3 very light kisses to his chest, right above his heart. The pecks were so light that he seems like he must have imagined the delicate brush of my plush lips against his hard chest. I gingerly rest my head in the crook of his neck and it makes his heart beat 10 times faster against his chest, at the feeling of me relying on him.

There is a sense of pride and protectiveness being radiated from Romeo when I put my faith and trust into him. But I don't think I can trust him; just yet. I want him to prove to me that he can regain my trust, without breaking it this time. I want him to put an effort in, to show me that he 'loves' me, because in certain cases, actions speak louder than words.

He opens his rooms door with his foot and carefully makes his way to his bed. He gently lays me down on the bed and covers me with a nice blanket. He presses 3 loving kisses to my forehead and makes his way around to the other side of the bed and takes his shoes off, as well as his t-shirt and slacks; leaving him in only his boxers. I stare at his beautifully sculpted body for a while, in awe. "Is this okay? I'm not making you uncomfortable, right?" He quickly says, reaching for his clothes to cover himself up.

I quickly shake my head and force myself to stop gawking at him "It's alright." I tell him.

He visibly relaxes at my confirmation and slips into bed with me. At first, he's bundled himself up into the corner of the bed but when I begin slyly scooting closer to him, he does too. We continue moving towards each other, as if we are two opposite ends of a magnet attracting to one another. When we are a whisper away from one another, Romeo lifts his arm and tucks me straight into his side. My arm goes and rests against his abdomen, as Romeo's arms go around my waist. My head fits perfectly into the crook of his neck, as he rests his chin on my head, kissing my hair 3 times. He lets out a comfortable sigh at our contact and I completely relax into him.

He slightly spreads his legs and flips me on top of him. I look up at him, in shock and surprise, to which he looks down at me with a glint in his eye and a smirk across his lips. He leans forward and pecks my forehead 3 times and just shrugs, closing his eyes.

3 pecks aren't going to do it for me. I may dislike him, currently, but I'm allowed to miss his lips, okay?

I grab his face by his cheeks and lick his lips. I then kiss his lips, devouring them, as if they are my will to live. I kiss his lips, and I suck his tongue, and I nip his bottom lip. And it is so good.

Once I'm done, I pull away and leave 3 mocking pecks on his lips, and rest my head in the crook of his neck.

"What was that for?" He asks cheekily, and I can hear the smile that's on his face as he's saying it.

I shrug my shoulders, lightly smacking his chest as his big hand strokes the small of my back, occasionally steering down to the lump of my ass and squeezing. Every time he does this, he looks down at me, making sure I'm comfortable with it.

We lay there, in a comfortable silence, not uttering a word, but I finally feel at home again. In his arms.

This isn't me forgiving him, nor is it me forgetting what he done to me and trusting him again. I'm just in need of comfort, and although I may not trust Romeo, my gut feeling is telling me that he won't hurt me, and a woman's gut feeling is never wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N.: Here's Amélie's pov. Poor girl is confused. But tbf, I would be too.

Make sure to follow my tik tok @k_writes1234

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, thank you'd I much for reading<333!